or Connect

Posts by Patric

I have some good news, I can be done. with a grafic card or stand alone player that ignore the edid. Will post more info in a couple of days. Regarding not seing the micro stutter, that with a quick test first with LOTR then with lost in space. Lost in space, showed alot of micro stuttering and alos tearing, but with LOTR no tearing and only microstuttering in some scene. But this was a quick test, which I only mention because of that it seams to be harder to se in...
I`m very sorry to report that the ae500 will not do any 1:1 pixel mapping full panel in 50 hz not at dvi or vga. After reading the german review I (and alot of people with me) thought the ae500 would be abel to do 1280 x720 (1:1) at 50 hz though dvi, but that is not corect.(not using a PC anyway) My testing with dvi, gives this result. Setting up 1280 x720 50 hz using powerstrip, evry thing fine, but when starting the ae500, it´s forces the pc to change refrech...
Should be able to do the same from powerstrip in the pc, for the dvi signal As I understands it from fiddling whith the hs10(and reading the dvi spec) the only thing which affected the signal throug dvi was V and H rez, V and H scan rate and the pixel clock. The other things like front and back porch etc. is only for vga, (when changing these setting you actuly changing the pixel clock for the dvi signal) I could be wrong about this, the dvi spec is not easy to read...
Poncho that was/and is the best reason! For us with no kids, I see only two reason to visit the cinema and that is for dating( and theres alot of better things to do on a date then the cinema) and LOTR.
I`m second to madpoet statement, the 720 p should be the best. For a 540 sourch 1080i is basicaly the same as 540p and 720 p is better than 540p. For hd 1080i sourch the thing could be diffrent. But the scaler in ae500 should and probaly(by 99%) will never be as good as the ht pc(radeon based) as a scaler. 720 p is best before no scaling is done in the PJ, all scaling is by the radeon card in the pc.
Okey, will have to wait until I have mine to test it. If it don´t work it will go back!
I no expert about this but it´s probaly something to do whith the colour wheel Slower colour wheels gives more eyestrain than faster ones(like rainbows) It´s make your eyes become red like, a pot smoker and hurting, fells like your eyes is turning inside out and wants to pop out of the head, not a nice experiens. But it all down to how senicty you are, some doesn´t feel this( how more sensitiv to rainbows you are, the more eyestrain you will have) Otherwise dlp...
Joe, the eyestrain is what you should worie about if you thinking going dlp. The rainbows are iretating and that is probaly something I could have lived with, but the eyestrain realy took away all joy of big screen movie watching. But if you get eyestrain is all about how sensitiv you are, and you never know until you have had the possibleity to tried a dlp for some hours!
Bjönar that is what my dealer is telling me anyway, but I it will not work I will send it straight away back. You did get it to work at 720p 60hz dvi? but not in 720p 50hz dvi? Now I get`s very worried, again. Did get a new mail from my dealer, seams like it should work with the radeon card´s but the geforce card have some problem. What card do you have Björnar?
But watch out for the rainbows, they tend to make people sick! Seriusly, if you are not sensitiv, dlp is better. I am sensitiv and also come from crt (9")(and also from dlp before that) and had a hs10(cc30r filter) after that and the new Lcd with some tweaking make a realy great picture. I am very happy with lcd, it could be better but on the other hand not as much tweaking as the crt (and no flickering) and no rainbows and eyestrain, thats part you also must take...