or Connect

Posts by DisTreSs

Back from watching the Mits, here's what I think. First off, the PJ was indeed used, they said about 200 hours. They used a non-progressive DVD-player through s-video and a laptop, with I guess an 8 or 16Mb ATI card, as sources. In short this means: not really optimal... First they put on Toy Story2. First thing to notice offcourse is that this baby can really pump out some very nice colours, though I guess almost any PJ can do that with TS2. Still, even with...
Hi and thanks for your fast answers. The guys I'm dealing with sell used PJ's. They assured me however, that this Mits was brand new. That could also mean offcourse that they put in a brand new bulb... But still. Leckian, I allready read all your posts with regards to the X390 (and X400), that's why I feared the deinterlacer. I will be using a HTPC (with Geforce for the moment, like you had) for DVD, but would also like to watch the occasional cable-program. I...
Ok, here's the deal. Can get the Mits X390 for about 2580$. They state it is brand new. On the other hand I am still waiting for the Panny 711XU to come in, which would go at 2100$. I am a bit worried with the de-interlacer/scaler of the mits but on the other hand it does have lots more lumens which I could use right now, but will 'no longer need' in the future (due to building a light-controlled HT-room). The Panny has the eco mode and reasonable...
Anthony, that is exactly what I considered. I also considered taking out a wall between the bathroom and the second bedroom and in so doing, moving the bathroom to the third bedroom. Unfortunately, non of the rooms (even if I take out the wall) have a functional shape for a HT. Even the living room is assymetrical which would require awkward speaker positioning. The only thing good about these rooms -for HT purpose offcourse- is the ceiling height, which of all things...
Hey filmnut, don't come stealing all my glory now you hear!!! :p No serious, more power to you. Hope everything works out for me just like it did with you...
Hi there everyone :) First off, this house is built windtight (that means everything is there except water, electricity, heating, etc. which we would still have to do ourselves). The constructer is retiring and didn't feel like finishing it. This means it's cheap but we will have to do all the work ourselves. This also means that lowering the ceilings in the rooms below is not an option since the roof is resting on those walls and the wooden attic floor is placed on...
Hi CV63, My reasoning is simple: since we're not planning on having any kids, I'll be damned if I don't forsee a HT room!!! In this case I should have the space I want without having to lift the roof another feet after a few years :) Thanks for the compliment :D
Hi jhill and thanks for replying. You're more then right when it comes to preferring any HT over no HT. However, I haven't bought the house yet and since this height restricted room is the only room I can work with, it is not too late to start looking for another housing opportunity one which would suit my needs better...(even though the price is right on this one, damn).
I'm sorry but I guess I forgot to mention the height in feet being a dumbassed european 'n stuff... :) So, plain and simple, will 6 feet 4 inches be sonically justified??? Thx again
Hi there, I'm in a position where I'm able to buy my first house, unfortunately the only room that would be available for HT would be the attic which seems to be restricted in the height department. I'm estimating that after the floor and ceiling have been put in, it would be 1.90 meters extreme maximum... The roof also slopes down on the sides of the room, so that's another thing to take into account. Now I know there always has and will be discussion on room...