or Connect

Posts by yubyub

Yep. That's precisely why I built a home theater years ago. Some rude person with big hair sits down and yaps on a cell phone while I watch a movie with bad sound and bad picture in a sticky, rundown theater where popcorn costs $9 and the movie costs >$20 for me and my wife. I figured for $29 I can buy the DVD, enjoy it at home in a much better environment, and sell the DVD afterwards if I don't like it. And I've been [mostly] happy ever since.
You hate the Portuguese?
FYI, Amazon already has a listing for LOTR, but alas no release date: http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Tri.../dp/B000E1MTX6
Gary, Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen you post (I've been away from the boards for a while). I used to really enjoy the reviews you posted about various DVDs. From what I know, and IANAL, the act of ripping it - despite intent - does violate the law. Plus, there is time consumed for the ripping and such. I'm quite annoyed because I've payed for the license to watch the movie. I don't want ads. I think if music companies started putting forced previews (or...
Don't take this the wrong way, but you don't have kids, do you?
Well, I can't find any online petitions or such. Obviously, breaking the law to avoid the forced previews is not an option. And while not buying their movies is definitely a good option as a consumer, it really will be pointless as barely anyone else would follow.
That's the spirit!
Yes, I'll try it on all of my players. But, by "do something about it", I meant send a clear message to Disney that we HATE such things.
What can we do about it? Does anyone know of any petitions (for either Disney's "forced" previews, or - heck - the 1/4 screen commercials) or any other vehicles of change?
If it weren't for the fact that the movies are good, I wouldn't either. Disney seems to know this (I assume), which really adds insult to injury. I swear, the same person who is doing this is the one that came up with those annoying ads that run in the lower right hand corner of TV shows (and now take up 1/4 of the screen). He's laughing at us.