or Connect

Posts by yubyub

Quote: Originally Posted by oferlaor yubyub, I was wondering where you dissappeared to... My newest child is also slowing me down with regards to HT upgrades (both financially and cost wise)... Yep, kids do that :D Fortunately, I am having another kid - due in mid Feb. So, I'm here for a quick hello, some advice from the always-wise AVSForum community, and I'll be in kid limbo again. I really can't complain, having to give up time on HT...
Quote: Originally Posted by sceptre-lcd i have used both a panasonic rp91 dvd player SDI modded and the oppo 970 using oppo 480i over HDMI and i must say my eyes can't tell the difference between the 2 players when sent through the lumangen into the pearl. I actually prefer the oppo over the panasinic now because of it's other features are slightly bettter - faster forward, no discernible layer change, usb input etc. lumagen SDI is a $400 mod from...
Thanks, man.
Well, I sent an email to Datacolor, but haven't heard back. Anyone know where I can download the software so I can calibrate? (I'm hoping it works with the existing USB security dongles that ColorFacts used...)
Quote: Originally Posted by sceptre-lcd once you update firmware in lumagen you could run 1080Psf24 via hdmi into pearl. the pearl menu will show the signal as 1080i50 ..but as has been mentioned in other threads here that's because of hdmi preset inputs on sony. I'm using this setup betn lumagen and pearl. Thanks - I'll definitely give it a try soon (tonight, if I get some free time!). I think, as spatz mentions, my DVD player is probably...
Quote: Originally Posted by spatz yes that is the reason for your problem not to have updated the firmware of the lumagen since a year :) I would say the first thing you should do is the update and then come back, this will probably solve all issues - considering that there was no HDDVD at the time. Yeah, I was just reading the changes to the firmware. I've been searching for issues which might affect this combo. But... (see...
Back on topic... Okay, I got my Pearl a day or so ago, and got everything hooked up. Setup: Oppo 971H -> DVI -> Lumagen HDTV Cable -> Component - > Lumagen Lumagen -> DVI/HDMI -> Pearl Lumagen is running firmware from about a year ago. Same for the Oppo - I haven't had a chance to upgrade either one of them. I first tried running the Pearl at 1080p/48, and found TERRIBLE judder on the DVD I was watching (Cars - my kid was "helping" me calibrate :D). ...
I ordered my Pearl via Jason at AV Science. Their $200 calibration/checkup is a great add-on. Their price was right. And as always, they have excellent service. I've gotta say that for larger purchases such as this, you really want a good company behind the sale. AV Science has always been such a company for me. (Yes, I'm happy, 'cause I've got a Pearl being delivered tomorrow :D ).
This is the same cable that I ordered. I'll report if I see any problems once I get the pj setup.
:D Thanks. Does Mark still frequent the forums?