or Connect

Posts by zeke

I have the synchronous 15/15 internet access - love it. No DSL or Cable modem dropouts. Fast. Works right. I also have Surewest HD tv, and I love it too. I don't use their DVR system regularly though - I prefer to record on my media center computer. But the quality of the HD shows is great. i have no complaints (except, as noted a few posts above, I can't figure out how to access the new channels surewest has added).
Does anyone know if there is something different about the new channels added by Surewest in the last month? Old channels I could access via udp url, but that doesn't seem to work for the new channels. *edit* What I mean is that all previous channels can be viewed by viewing a url, with the IP address determined by the channel you are trying to watch. The new channels - no such luck. I'm wondering what IP/ports to go for the new 679-68x channels so that I can watch from...
Can some of you tell me the antenna(s) you use? I am in Roseville (west, west Roseville - 95747 zip code), with a 4 bay antenna (like the channel master 4221, although I don't remember whether that is the brand) with clear line-of-sight toward downtown Sacramento. I have good signal on most channels, but my Media Center system can not pick up any signal on KVIE and KXTV. My assumption is that my problem is because these two channels are VHF, while the rest are UHF...
[Edited because I only intended to paste in the infromation about the TV guide service being added, not the entire private thread. I apologize for the breach of etiquette and assure you it was not only rude, but inadvertent.] (in response to question regarding troubles with receiving KOVR OTA) Yes, we have added a TV Guide service that may be affecting certain receivers. Today, we turned it off but we are committed to carry the service. Please let me know if...