or Connect

Posts by RSaunders

I got a UN65EH6000 today, from Amazon (which was a terrific piece of logistics to see). From other threads here at AVSforum, I've found a number of good settings. However, with a darkened room, I've got a fluffy white cloud covering most of the bottom half of the screen. I understand this is a backlight problem, but I haven't decided if I can live with it. Has anybody had this for a period of time? Does the effect go away? Does it bother you less?? It seems odd to...
I had to reinstall the Ceton software after the CableCARD was installed. Try to go to the web control panel at 192.168.200.1 . If you can't then all the Ceton software isn't installed. I think the installer checks some "happy" flag on the card, it's hard to know. While I'm not really one of those guys, this is a case where you need to follow the instructions.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ed Rempalski That said, any suggestions on a ATX mobo with integrated graphics, and hopefully integrated RAID support, and supports an LGA1155 i7 processor? Nothing like looking at starting over! I'm using the integrated graphics on mine. It's a ASUS P8H67-M LE B3 (though the Evo would give you more RAM slots and Digital optical out). Make sure you get the B3 version of the H67, there were I/O glitches in the...
Anthony Wood, the founder ReplayTV and one of it's inventors, left(/got tossed out, it's almost the same in Silicon Valley) SonicBlue/ReplayTV to start Roku. That's incidentally the number 6 in Japanese, so we should be glad our ReplayTVs aren't called GoTVs. Roku got hooked up with Netflix to make a streaming video set top box for them. I believe he is still the CEO of Roku. You're could probably find an interview with him in the Silicon Valley online press someplace....
I didn't pay as much, mostly because I have power supplies and the like. I got a nice $200 bare-bones bundle at TigerDirect (i3, 4GB Ram, mobo), and the Ceton was $300 at Amazon. I put in a little over $200 of drives (4TB storage array and a 1TB boot volume), and Win7 64bit. My other expense was a case that the wife would approve for use in the Family Room (where computers are not allowed). We agreed on the SilverStone GD02B for $150, but you could get a fine case for...
OK, I've decided to go 7MC. Built the machine last weekend and had the Verizon FIOS cable guy out yesterday. It was relatively painless, for me at least. He had to type so many digits on his phone that he could have been writing War and Peace before the CableCARD activated. Maybe he got one of them wrong, I'll never know. The only downside I've observed is that the Ceton card's web service (192.168.200.1) seems to have a bad interaction with DVArchive. They are both...
Right, this is what I did.I don't know what this is. Sorry, but I just play things by double-clicking on them. How do I call up this database?
I have a new installation of Windows 7 Media Center. I've added a video library that contains my .WMV and .AVI files containing movies. The movies play fine in Windows Media Player, so I have the necessary codecs installed. When I open the Video Library in 7MC, it says no files. If I copy a .MP4 movie into the same folder with the .WMV and .AVI ones, only the .MP4 one shows in the Video Library. Renaming a .WMV file to .MP4 (which only gets you a stern warning...
I agree, but it's hard to find something that's cheaper. We need to find some reburb company that just got 200 matching laptops for $100 ea. I'm thinking about a single board computer, not running Windows. It would involve a port of WiRNS, but it might be something that could be brought down to the $200 range. I wonder how many folks would buy a turn-key solution on eBay?
OK, while you and I might appreciate a straight conversation, it's just not something you can do with your customers. Suppose you say "We're not making enough money to suit our needs, as the number of ReplayTV users can increasingly be satisfied by the small fraction of the devices we sold with "lifetime activation". We never appreciated that the folks who liked our product would stock up on eBay (which was selling Beanie Babys at the time we sold ReplayTVs). So, we've...