or Connect

Posts by Henryg

Adding another thread I started with one of the first HS-10 , AE300 comparisions. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0&pagenumber=1 Henry
Has anyone confirmed that the first generation of HD-DVD players will also have component out in addition to HDCP and also will they downconvert the component outputs to 480P or let them stay native? Ive read about the flags on HD content in other threads but Im looking for someone that has some first hand knowldege on this. thx Henry
Mulveling - Ive been having the same thoughts as well on screens. I saw sleighted's HS-10 on the HCCV material instead of my CD Damat and there was an apparant brightness difference. I think Im going to take my AE300 over and see how it looks on his HCCV and then I might get some new material for my 86" frame and then run in low mode again. Interesting that you were thinking the same thing here .. Henry
Quote: Originally posted by nO0b better resolution + bigger lumens = bigger picture better lumens = brighter picture in ambient light DVI/HDCP = you can resell it for more 2 or 3 yrs from now to somebody in the USA over ebay http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/ima...ies/icon22.gif for $500 more, it's an easy decision (for me at least in the USA)... for $200 more, it's a no-brainer. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/ima...ies/icon22.gif Have you...
After tweaking both projects as mentioned above, I have used Gladiator first fight scene as one reference for looking at black levels and shadow detail. Another isToyStory2 for color decoding and saturation. Then I like 5th element for flesh tones and detail.(plus there are other benefits in this one :) ). Then I usually watch something with a lot of action like pod race scene in SW1 to show how the action looks and how immersive the movie is. These are just some...
Adjust each of the panels up/down until you reduce the amount of flicker on the screen. Its subtle but there so just look closely. The blue and red panel has typically been very easy to totally reduce the flicker but the green usually tends to maintain some flicker either in the middle of the panel or to the outsides of the panel. The optimum spot for me is to keep the middle portion flicker free. Also it's been mentioned that this flicker is a result of something...
LCD has the potential for Fixed Pattern Noise and Vertical Banding. Blacks are still better on the DLP also. Image is a little different also. Not sure how to explain except that DLP has a "softer" image than LCD that gives you a more filmlike image. LCD has a punchier image with brighter and richer colors. Each projector is different but this is generalization from my experiences. edit: change Panel -> Pattern
I actually like the DLP image but I own a LCD. My biggest issue is the cost for a PJ with a highspeed colorwheel to try and reduce potential DLP items of rainbows and general eye fatigue from the image. I see rainbows very infrequently on friends DLP's but my biggest concern is the potential of the family or someone over to watch something and they see the rainbows and or get a headache or something. It might be crazy thinking but I figure in a few years they'll have...
I contacted Panasonic US and they dont have it in stock yet. If anyone gets one or has access to one please let everyone know if there is a way to adjust the green panel flicker other than via the flicker menu. Also I'd like to know if it's possible to adjust any of the other test patterns such as the horizontal line pattern in the service menu. Does anyone have an AE100 Service Manual with this information ? Thanks Henry BTW- I hope we can get back to...
Quote: Originally posted by nO0b You might not have to wait very long at all the HS10's DVI/HDCP input is the perfect match for God's machine :rolleyes: in my opinion, anyone who cares about HDTV should not have any pj on their list that doesnt include DVI/HDCP at 720p :D From the TIVO-HD box article: "The component or DVI may be configured for all HD formats or standard definition. Details on the size of the hard drive will be available at...