or Connect

Posts by rdalcanto

My thoughts exactly. I read every review I could get my hands on before this projector arrived. The professional reviews made it sound like this projector is as close to perfection as you can get for under 10K. For my wife, who probably doesn't really care, to say "what is wrong with the color" after looking at it for no more than 10 seconds, says a lot. And again, I had just made sure it was perfect with calibration discs. When I watch American Idol, it is in high...
I voted below expectation.... The fan is very loud, like it is out of balance. The colors seem off, despite being perfect on test images with blue filter and during color decoder check. I will have to check grey scale with the Sypder when I have more time. Gamma C seems to help reduce the lobster look on the faces. Sharpness does seem very good, and the lack of DI makes the projector so bright in certain scenes my eyes hurt on my 106inch greywolf, which is good.... I...
I'm at high altitude, and the fan noise is too loud for me too. It doesn't sound like air moving. It sounds like the fan is out of balance.
Just got my RS1 running today. Blown away by how much sharper the Bluray movies are than my AE900U. However, when I put on American Idol to watch it with my wife tonight, she walks into the room, takes ONE look at the screen, and said "What's wrong with the colors?" This is really bumming me out! Going to gamma setting C seemed to help a lot - Ryan C. didn't look like a lopster anymore. I had used Get Gray and AVIA to set brightness, contrast, color and sharpness. ...
Rob, let me know if you need an extra pair of hands....
We knew when we pre-ordered in November that the projector would not leave the assembly line until end of Feb. at the earliest. You bash JVC, but unlike many other companies, they actually met their target date with the initial shipment. Many of us jumped at the chance to pre-order months in advance because it saved TONS of $$$, and it allowed us to get a unit before production would catch up with demand.
"First off, our 2nd batch is shipping today from JVC to us. They have to come here first so we expect them by early to mid next week." Lets see, to Jason mid next week, back west to me...., that means I'll receive the projector in........ two weeks!!.....
There ARE advantages to checking this web site every ten minutes instead of every 5..... Jason PM'd me back that he didn't have a record of me. Luckly, he realized that he didn't see my name because I was already in que, and called me before I read the PM I would have had a HEART ATTACK!!!!!!! RS-1, come to PAPPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do some reading on this forum. The RS1 is "better" but around twice the price. What is your room like? What are you mainly going to use it for? How picky are you? The mitsu has good reviews, but the RS1 is the best projector you can buy for under 10K.
I ordered the 15th, and haven't heard anything. But, I did tell Jason to just ship without having to confirm. Still, an official "your getting one" would be nice.... Rick