or Connect

Posts by David 42

It's been more than 7 months since that post. It's clear that this isn't a high priority for the forum software developers. In fact, if you look at Huddler's site here, it's obvious that it is their ongoing goal to force people to visit the site, to raise the visitor count.I agree with the OP and many others -- subscription e-mails are worthless to me if they don't contain the full text of new posts (with links to jump to any of those posts). I'm on too many forums and...
We've had a bit of rain lately. Maybe some trees in the way "bloomed"
What happens when you try to use "PIP"? (Sony calls it Twin View on these TVs) What are the symptoms? What is "the feed from the wall" — rooftop antenna or cable?Were you aware that these GWIV sets will show the digital sources (Digital OTA, HDMI, and component) only in the left-hand Twin View pane? It can't show two digital panes.So if you start with a digital source and press the Twin View button, the new right pane can only be from an analog source. When you rotate...
New 720P sets 42" (and even larger) are regularly available for below $1000 now. The prices will only continue to fall. If extending your warranty would cost $200 or more, you might be better off getting CC to fix the Sony one last time now, then sell it on Craigslist and put your money towards a new set that isn't predisposed to optical block problems. Especially if the service plan doesn't cover replacement light bulbs (which is another looming expense). I've had...
I'm sorry that you too are having problems with this model.As you might have seen from a few posts back (around November), someone had mentioned calling Samsung and being told that they had devised a fix, but it sounds like Samsung backpedaled. We haven't heard any updates in many weeks now.I'm skeptical. I think if Samsung had recognized the problem and really come up with a fix, they would have implemented it on the assembly line by now (i.e., your 2-week old set...
I'm not hearing a significant buzz/hum sound coming from the rear of my set, even in a quiet room with a full white screen. Sounds like something's wrong in your set.This sounds like dropouts in signal. I'm using a rooftop antenna, and have this kind of audio "digital garbling" problem occasionally (more often, the picture freezes or blacks out briefly and the sound goes quiet). Try watching the signal strength (in the TV's menu) and see if that drops at the same time...
On BOTH of the TWO sets I've tried, I have absolutely no doubts that it is a manufacturing defect. Maybe you've discovered another problem with your HDMI input. However, I suspect it's the same problem as mine, and you just happened to experience it using that audio source. Recall earlier I wrote:Even after I let go of the bottom of the TV, the vibration sometimes would not return immediately. My theory is that some part of the outer case or inner chassis shifts and then...
Mine is on the swivel pedestal that came with it. The parts that are vibrating are near the bottom edge, near each speaker. So it won't matter how it's mounted — both types of mounts attach far away from what's vibrating.A lot of different people have mentioned this problem: here on AVS, and in customer reviews on Best Buy's site and PriceGrabber, and others. I got two different sets in a row that have this problem. There's no way it's a coincidence. And it's not just...
Wish each thread could have its own FAQ post at the beginning. Click "Search this Thread", search for "check hours service" [I included "service" to reduce the number of hits], and this post will be one of the results: The picture settings that are restored to factory defaults are the ones you can change in the normal user (non-service) menus.Standard warning about going into a service menu: Do not be fat-fingered and press any wrong key on your remote.
I've experienced the same problem on two different PN50A450 sets. I had originally replied in this thread, but hadn't realized this one was in the "Audio theory, Setup and Chat" sub-forum. My post is now here:PN50A450 — audio vibration issue (a new thread in the Plasma Displays sub-forum, where I think it will have more visibility to PN50A450 owners). Please post replies to that thread.