or Connect

Posts by inkahauts

No, as that uses the AVP as I recall. But to double check, I did some searching, and it looks like I am right. http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=5157http://www.directv.com/images/PR/factsheets/13551CRP_UltTVService_R08.pdfLooks like old tivos are fine too...
Did I miss something??? Where does it say that D* isn't going to replace all exiisting boxes? Most boxes today are the same, just different cosmetics. There is only one HD box, but its cosmetics and accessories are changed and marketed as LG, Sony, Hughes, etc. This costs D* money because others have there name on a box. So there is no real change in what they are talking about. And companies like sony don't even make boxes anymore, because there's no money in it for...
The newer mits line is better at deinterlaceing, and the dvi is important, but firewire is as well ( mits models with built in decoder.) Firewire is where recording capabilites from d* will be coming from if you don't go with the tivo with built in HD ( due later this year) They also have a model ws48513 that is this years model. It has firewire, dvi, and all the other trimmings.......
No. Its good at all stores... Go back and ask again... the box is normally $499.99, but the package is cheaper because you must be a new subscriber in order to get the rebates and free installation. Ask a manager for details if the sales associates aren't aware.
Yes it includes the huges htl-hd reciever and a 3 lnb dish. You can also change and go with the sony reciever (sathd300) if you want, you just have to pay the difference of the 2 boxes. Also the good guys web site is NOT part of good guys retailer and is a competitor that does not have the same polices and equipment available....
you can hit action and then input on the sat remote to change between HD out and sd out. its the shortcut.
I can't seem to find the posts, but i know there is a problem with the guide loseing the custom and favorites channels and resetting them to include all channels. Does anyone know the fix, or is it send it in to service??
It may not be available, but you will be able to find out there capabilites soon enough so that you can still grab a 4802r or wait after comparing the new and old....
If you have the time to wait, denon will be intorducing the avr 4804 and avr5804 in the next couple of months, and there will be quite a few significant improvments worth considering... I have an avr4802 (3years and counting) and love it. Its in my opinion the best buy out there right now. it has such a better power supply and current that it overcomes some of the limitaions of the smaller bit dac's. that is also why it has such better bass and lower mid range. of...
directv started requiering 1 year commitments in jan. They were suppose to start last august, but they are slow with everything. They requier it so that they can keep track of access cards and crack down on pirates. Also, they subsidze almost every box sold and they are tired of looseing money by haveing people buy a box and never activateing it(thereby never getting any money from subscriptions), and still paying the retailers and makers.... It was these kinds of dumb...