or Connect

Posts by MikeChapman

Spoke to a Sony engineer today and he said it was most likely a connection problem to the prism block or d--- mirrors generally caused by "transport damage". My wife had previously mentioned that the noddy delivery chap had wandered up to the house carrying the very clearly marked box (with sony projector splashed all over it and handle with care and this way up) by one hand and swinging it like a briefcase. Luckily I had already pointed this out to the firm that I had...
Hi, Just received my 11HT and set it up to test. Used SVIDEO to start with, everything fine, test pattern, video image etc then after about 5 minutes there was a soft "pink" noise and a red haze filled the middle half of the screen. I checked the pattern on all other inputs and it was there too. It appeared overlayed becuase it was pixelated heavy in the middle graduating out. Turned the projector off (using the correct procedure) and then restarted and the red haze...
Thanks. There is a problem putting the surround left higher because of the window - there is not enough room between the 1st floor ceiling and the window so it would hang down in front of it. I had thought about putting the center rears in the 1st floor ceiling or on it but thought to keep the same level. Would it make much difference higher? Would bookshelf speakers be okay on say small glass shelves on that screen wall about 3-4ft off the floor? -Mike
Can anyone suggest a good motorised 7 ft screen available to the UK. Also any firms that sell them (preferably over the net). The projector is planned to be either the Sony VPL10HT or forthcoming 11HT. Many thanks, -Mike
I am in the middle of having a multi-purpose extension built and my input will be a home cinema. However, the internal shape is a bit unusual with a few levels and I am having problems with the speaker type and location. Here is a simple drawing of it: the dark blue bits are the speakers as how I thought they should go together with the screen, the red are sofas. The green is the first floor which is open plan and does not extend all the way to the front wall (marked...