or Connect

Posts by SilverCi

Can someone help me find D-Nice's settings for the 65" VT50? Been searching for hours and can't find them. thanks!
JG - it appears by your post here that you are chasing PERFECTION, and I hate to be the one to break it to you but you will NOT find it. Every single TV has good and bad features when compared to others. That Sharp may be sharper but when you get it home you'll likely see the flaws in the color reproduction or clouding... or [enter issue of the day here]. Buy a TV based on your research for your situation and ENJOY IT!Good luck
Just pulled the trigger on this TV last night at Best Buy. Its getting delivered today... can't wait! I bought a Sharp 70" 847 a couple weeks ago and will be returning it tonight. Didn't like the LCD at all. The off angle viewing was horrible, the SOA was awful...and motion blur was bad too. I also had really bad clouding on dark images. All these reasons made me return it... and go back to plasma. I'm coming from a Pioneer 6070hd so really looking forward to...
hey guys. I'm about to pull the trigger on the 65 VT50 - where are people buying these? The price at BB is ridiculous compared to online retailed and the GT50 it has at a good price. I recently (2 weeks ago) bought a 70" sharp LCD and am very disappointed so after some research, going to go back to plasma (had a pioneer 6070), looks like the VT50 is the way to go. Where can i find this? It's already Wednesday... would love to have this by the super bowl!? Is that...
Thanks. I'm having serious second thoughts about this TV and LCDs in general. After reading the reviews, I think i'm going back to plasma and going to pick this bad boy up today - Panasonic TC-P65VT50
Since I bought this TV i have been trying to convince myself that I like it (unsuccessfully). Sometimes pictures are brilliant.. but most times I have issues. Check out these pictures... this seems excessive and a big issue. Would you return this TV?    
Thanks guys! I agree, everyone's components affect the display differently. I use HDMI switching thru my Marantz and i'm sure that is affecting it in some degree. I finally got some good starting settings though on 'game' mode and i've very happy. I didn't realize it until I went in my basement where i moved my 6070 plasma and it looked really SOFT! The sharpness of the LCD is really incredible... i'm almost blinded by the whites, crazy. thanks again... will get the...
I'm so disappointed honestly. I have been researching for a long time and finally pulled the trigger. Initially I wanted a 70" screen to upgrade my 60" screen just to fill my room better. I have a bright room fun of sunlight (behind the TV though no behind my viewing area). The picture out of the box was in flame mode and the SOA was just unbelievable. I've scoured the internet for setting and have tried a few of them. They are much better but still leave something...
Hey man. Yes, please let me know who you talked to. itching to pull the trigger on this damn thing!
Looked at some reviews and then called those guys (ECTV) - they are pretty shady. I live in NJ and wanted to come pick up the tv but "had to bring cash as they have no CC machine in the store". So you sell multi thousand dollar products in a store with no CC machine? I just got a really skeevy vibe from those guys. Now i'm looking for other deals. Any 70" sharp deals out there on the 847? I missed the deal of the day on ebay! damnit. anything else going on? ...