or Connect

Posts by CupertinoSlim

What did you use as the source?
Hah! At least you GOT the recording, even with a stutter. Stop whining... =) Many times we find that there is no actual recording. When you try to play it, it has zero duration and it's as if you've reached the end. What I wonder about is how did Comcast manage to make software that's so inept? It's so clunky, so unreliable, so prone to random problems that it beggars the imagination. Even if they were trying to screw it up, how would they produce something this bad? I...
Here in the Bay Area our Comcast HD DVR decided to stop recording the SuperBowl at the beginning of the halftime show. Nothing new... whenever it gets to be more than 50% full it's a crap shoot when you try to record. It was at 49% when I started it, so I thought "how hard can it be to record the rest of the game?" Too hard obviously. At 70% full it called it off, coincidently at the moment the halftime show was to start. The real fun begins if it gets to 90% or more....
Thanks Logray. I will try setting up a big antenna outside in my side yard this weekend and see what happens.
DirecTV doesn't transmit the broadcast network HD channels except for the east and west national feeds, so I need to come up with alternatives for watching the SuperBowl on Feb 5th. These are my alternatives as I understand it -- am I missing any? 1. OTA with an antenna connected to my DirecTV HD receiver. So far this doesn't look promising due to my location. But I haven't tried a large antenna in my side yard yet. 2. Sign up for Comcast cable and order just the...
I wish it were true that everyone in EDH could "receive all stations from the Walnut Grove towers without any problems." But there is a problem if you're behind one of those hills. In the lower parts of Serrano, that's the case. The only analog channel I can pick up with a powered 'rabbit ears' antenna is 10. The DirecTV HD receiver does not see any digital signal on any channel. A bigger antenna in the attic might do better but it looks a bit bleak if every channel reads...
If the projector was angled down sharply (say from a really high ceiling) and the image was near the floor, then a white carpet might become noticeably lit and bounce enough light up to hurt the lower part of the image. With the projector 14 feet away, with the bottom of the image 3 or more feet from the floor and the projector mounted 4-6 feet above that line, any light bouncing off should have little effect since most light reflected off the screen would land 7 feet or...
If the black was a dingey gray then it wasn't a well-setup projector, no matter what the brand or model. I use an HS51 in a fairly dark room with a white fabric screen, with the Cinema low-light setting. Watching 2001: A Space Odyssey not only is the black good in the many space scenes but the experience is extremely theater-like. My setup looks better than the $80,000 projector demo room at the Magnolia Hi-Fi where I bought the projector. They have a Marantz projector...
Bob, do you know if there is a tower east of Folsom by Highway 50 that rebroadcasts local TV stations for people in the El Dorado Hills area?
Anyone located in the Serrano area of El Dorado Hills/95762? I'm curious what antennas folks are using and how well they're working in our little valley. Also, is it true that the antenna tower next to Highway 50 is a repeater? If so, what channels does it re-broadcast?