or Connect

Posts by skoolpsyk

I think this is a good idea. The superbowl is an event for me and I have people over to watch it; boycotting the game is not an option! When I was dreaming of buying my set, I pictured everyone watching the game in HD. Now I have my set and it looks like it might not happen. If you find out who to write to, count me in. Let's tell them that we will be contacting the advertisers who pay big money for the slots and we will be boycotting their products and turning the channel...
Nicholas, I agree with you in principle but unfortunately some of us have different programing "needs" that DTV offers and Dish doesn't. If Dish offered what I wanted, why wouldn't I make the switch? I don't have any loyalty to DTV. Many of us want the sports packages and for me personally, I want my locals and the east coast network feeds. I get up early and it's great to watch a 10pm show at 7pm. When I called Dish to see about switching they said I didn't qualify and...
no, they both suck and cable sucks too.
I looked into switching but I'm staying with DTV. Why? DTV gives me locals and the east coast feeds; Dish said I would lose the east coast if I switched. The truth: they both suck.
thanks for the info. I have yet to see this show and will subscribe to catch all the episodes. [This message has been edited by skoolpsyk (edited 07-17-2001).]
I'm losing a lot of sleep over this Dish vs. DirecTV issue! I am leaning towards DTV (which I already have) and purchasing the TU-HDS20. Why? Although I would really like CBS-HD, the reality is that I will be doing my majority of viewing of standard channels. The panny is reportedly the best at upconverting 480i. (I know I could buy an iScan and Dish, but that would be out of my price range) Does it upconvert considerably better than your set? I have a Toshiba 65H80 and...
Here you go: http://www.directv.com/yourservice/y...125,93,00.html let's be heard!
which would do a better job of uponverting the DirecTV 480i signal to 480p? Has anyone compared the internal conversion of the 65H80 to that of the Panasonic tuner?
This whole Dish vs. DirecTV competition is not really a competition unless the moves they make equal results in more subscribers or keeping the one's they have. I had a recent experience that is very relevent. DirecTV called me for some reason and me being a smart-alek told them, "by the way, I am considering canceling and going over to Dish Network because they have more HDTV content". Amazingly, the half-dead person on the phone perked up and actually went to get a...
Many readers rate their players by the overall picture quality; the ability to produce a more "3D"-like image. I think Gary Merson refers to this as "snap". Many Skyworth owners are talking about this quality. Is this something that is entirely subjective or is there some measurable aspect that relates to a more life-like image? We will all be reading the shootout results, but will the player that performs best on the tests be the same one that sucks us in with it's image?...