or Connect

Posts by Shaded Dogfood

Jennifer's Body?
I believe I heard the quarry is going to be drained and filled in in the not-too-distant future.
The Lost Weekend?
Wadjda?
The Saboteur?
I suppose I would have liked a little more... but to have tied up all the loose ends and reveal all involved would have been a cop-out. Real life in America doesn't work that way. Ultimately it was a pretty fine offering. Hopefully someone will be able to reveal Cohle's last lines.
Btw, should I feel objectified when I'm asked to take my shirt off in public? I feel mortified when I take my shirt off in private. And I avoid mirrors after bathing.
It's true that the show isn't terribly sympathetic to women, portraying most of them to be prostitutes or possessing a healthy sexual appetite. But really not shying away from showing the sex gives a full picture of the nature of the relationships these men have. And this show is shown from the point of view of two men with serious women issues looking for a serial killer of women. These are the women in their worlds. And I would argue Maggie's character is complex, though...
Emily Nussbaum didn't have a whole lot to say about the show that was good: http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/television/2014/03/03/140303crte_television_nussbaum She's a pretty good TV critic. I can see her point on a lot of her objections.