or Connect

Posts by calibos

I've been thinking about something similar recently and just found this thread. I'd watched some of the Dalite etc floor rising screen vids which clued me in on the scissors concept but I was racking my brain about how to motorise it. It will be mounted inside a long console type unit not unlike the type of thing IKEA make but which I will build myself to suit the decor of a Victorian era home. A flatscreen will be mounted on the back of this unit with the speakers...
I just bought 4 of these from Amazon Germany (I'm In Ireland) who were selling the barebones unit for €99ea , I added 4x 4gb Ram €22ea + 4x 16gb USB Stick €18ea. So €140 per unit for an Openelec (XBMC) appliance. ie. Something better than the likes of the PIVOS for only €30 more For my purposes and at that price they are ideal and a bargain. However I would indeed desire the specs you mentioned and be prepared to pay more if I had need of more performance for a fully...
The 44th Floor has spoken
By the looks of things financially I might not be in the market for another Panasonic projector till the next model comes out. (Yes even if the Ae7000 has a 2 year run like the AE4000 ) However when I get new ideas in my head for the room like I have recently, I can't get them out of my head till I resolve issues/refine them even if the project can't start for a year or two. Can you guys clarify whether the Ae7000 can still do auto aspect switching for a CIH zoom setup...
I did some CIH planning a year or so ago but financials have delayed buying the screen, Projector or finishing the room. Its almost just as well as in the interim I have had some major eureka moments which will make the finished room infinitely better than before. Had I finished the room already I'd have found it hard to convince myself to rip it all out again and start over with the new ideas. Point is, I have a fairly good idea about the ins and outs of CIH and the zoom...
LOL. No sooner do I post than I find the gain calculator. I've inputted the HP2.4 figures. What should I change for the HCHP. Actually do I need the HC or would it siut the room. Screen is mounted 1ft from the floor so top of screen is about 4ft away from the bulk of the ceiling except for the top left side due the the sloping loft ceiling. Walls probably will be coffee coloured. anyway, here is a screen shot of the calc for my room. Have I input everything correctly and...
Hi Guys, I'm in the preliminary planning stages of a quasi dedicated Home Theater Room in a loft conversion. A Murphy Bed needs to go in the room and it can only be on the wall the projector needs to be on. I want a High Gain screen like the 2.4 HP's for use with 3D and a PTAE7000. These means I want the PJ as close to eye level as possible. Table or ceiling mounting is not possible. Centering the AE7000 lens in relation to the screen is not possible as that point is...
I am not understanding where people are getting that Hal is an Alien or working with the Aliens from?? The way I see it, we have 3 factions, 2 human and 1 Alien all working against each other. The government and its security aparatus, the Aliens and a third faction of humans led by Hal. I bet we'll find Hal is ex NSA/CIA, aware of the aliens since their captivity in the 40's, aware of their slow aging by the 60's and 70's like everyone else in the know but who decided...
He turned me right off when he mentioned his Christianity a few weeks back and asked his wifes permission to do the sexy dances. Its a sexy dance competition for cryin' out loud. He knew what to expect, the wife knew what to expect, they had already discussed this between themselves or else he wouldn't have even entered. This was just his way of reminding the audience he is a good god fearin' christian to harvest some more votes from christian audience members. Very...
Security was pretty lax at the hospital where they ran the DNA test was very lax alright. One would also think they would test both real mole and framed mole again before the torture begins though? My impression was that the old guy was the head of the secret human non governmental organisation and that the girls are their test subjects for some kind of gene therapy based on the 'elixer of youth' in the aliens DNA. They haven't got it right yet and its having the...