or Connect

Posts by vwbeetlvr

I want to bump this very informative post.I programmed my old harmony remote to have the TV as 50PS70FD. Then I learned the "record" command off my old remote onto the new remote and now I can one touch record! Thank you so much! Obviously I had to enable the DVR mode from the service menu and attach a hard drive first.
When I turn on my WDTV Live SMB before I turn on my tv, it changes from 1080p 24hz to 1080i 60hz. I would like for it to stay on 1080p 24hz. Any ideas? I tested the auto - Match Frame-rate feature, but netflix and vudu still output at 1080p/60 hz. I could force 1080p 24 by selecting that as the output, and netflix ran at 1080p 24. But is Netlix native 1080p 24? or does forcing it convert it from whatever it is natively down to 1080p24? I even tried the following...
Just for my own confirmation, can you please share all your settings and input numbers for your video games to achieve the lowest lag? Thank you.
Is it just me, or does the OTA programming guide suck on this tv? I can only get it to display about 12 hours of programming and usually only on the channel that I am watching at that moment....
It definitely is not matte, but I haven't really compared it to the Samsungs and what not.
I would bet that plastic is part of the speakers. I wasn't able to really focus on the back of the TV when I saw it.
I snapped some pictures and 720p videos of both models. So far Im not too impressed to return my 47LW5600 for this model. The sales person said they only come with a magic remote, no regular remote (which seems odd). The magic remote had a scroll wheel on it and a few extra buttons, I only had about 3 minutes to play with it. The smart TV function definitely felt smoother and everything seemed to load faster than the LW5600. I noticed a few new features like the dual view...
Looks like Amazon.com has the 47" and 55" in stock as well. We should be seeing first impressions of these tvs soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rlDp02aXAE Looks like J&R has the 47" and 55" in stock. I am getting the old 47lw5600 delivered from Amazon today, and will stop by J&R on my way to work tomorrow morning to compare and see if it is worth the price difference. EDIT:So far Im not too impressed to return my 47LW5600 for this model. The sales person said they only come with a magic remote, no regular remote (which seems odd). The magic remote had a scroll wheel on it and...
Old thread, I know. Here is one thing that really helped me. ENABLE MULTICASTING! I had some weird problems with my xbox, for some reason I disabled multicasting on my router and had problems connecting to my media. I enabled it and now it's working great. I hope this might help a few people.