or Connect

Posts by trevorone

I recently got a SIM2 HT300plus , and it would appear to be the same problem as I had. Horizontal lines , spread evenly down the screen - a total of 7 on an 8ft wide screen. I only noticed them when I was checking for dead mirrors - but once seen , I noticed them all the time. Viewing animation with vertical objects ( the trees in Ice Age are a good example) would result in a slight stairstepping through the vertical. The effect was more pronounced on 1.78/1.85...
Would someone be good enough to Pm me the instructions on how to get 2.13 please ? ..... there`s always one isn`t there ? - incidentally , is there a reason why we can`t put this info in this thread ? thanks in advance
What may be more of an issue for you is the location of the projector. You say it will be mounted directly above you , based on the Marantz data - the Marantz has a short throw lens , so if you were to use the HT300+ in the same room, you may need to mount it much further behind you, as it has a longthrow lens.May be an issue, may not ......
For those who say the Sims are noisy - wait a few months.For those with rainbow intolerance - wait a few months. That jungle that Paul was in is a fascinating place - there will be a lot of smiley happy people . One group that won`t be happy are those that think sims are too dim - for the simple reason that they aren`t ( IMHO), so if it ain`t broke - don`t fix it . SIM are cutting edge for HT, and have been for a couple of years now.They listen to feedback , address...
Lovely projector - my room size is about the same, 96" wide screen - perfect for me - maybe for you. If you decide to go for it - why not give Jason a call at AVS - you`ll get it for MUCH less than $14000 !!!
Thanks guys - the old ones are the best !! Paul - Alan did a demo for me a couple of years back when I bought the HT200 , so I was delighted to get the opportunity to go back - it really shows the difference between someone who loves HT ,and someone who is looking for an easy sell. The man is tops with me.
I recently posted about my dissapointment with a demo I had of the HT300+ under the heading "ht300+ ...can`t really be this bad,surely? I have now had a good demo of this cracker and have amended the title accordingly. I must thank Alan Roser at Owl for the considerable time he spent with me and my raft of "crap" dvds !!! - he was able to replicate my problem with "the thing" , clearly showing it to be an issue of the DVD player de interlacing ( it didn`t use the...
thanks guys - i`m going to try to have another demo. For what its worth, I previously owned a HT200 fed Progressive via a Skyworth - and it looked MUCH, MUCH better.The Skyworth I always found "cleaned up" a lot of poor DVD`s - at the cost of a softer image. I`ll report back.
I`ve just had a demo of the 300+ ( a poor one !) - and was staggered with how poorly it dealt with "poor" dvd`s. I always like to use the region 2 version of john carpenters "the thing" - the dog running over the snow, being chased by a helicopter. The end of this scene is a shot of the outside of the research station, showing the nameplate, telephone wires and buildings.This was unwatchable - stairstepping , everything was "jittery". This dvd is non - anamorphic , but...
less than $10/- price tag, 3 year gaurantee