or Connect

Posts by Loax

"Problems include blurring, washed out colors, and loss of detail." I purchased the GameCube component cables when I originally bought the console. I wanted to display 480p with my front projector (Panny 75u). Since the projector only has VGA for its high res inputs, I ended up using a spare VGA to BNC cable with RCA male adapters on the RGB wires. Then I used barrel connectors to join the BNC cable to the GameCube component cable. I realize this is far from...
Personally, I use TightVNC ( http://www.tightvnc.com ) . It's simple, stable and serves all my remoting needs. Best of all, it's free! Loax
can't forget HD Comcast Sports Network (CSN). Thats the biggest incentive for me as I already get all the HD OTA stations Loax
I just bought the Silver Sensor for $23 from a Buy.com sale to replace a powered radio shack antenna. I always hadda fiddle with the RS model depending on the weather and the channel. PBS would only come in as high as 45-50 (with much adjusting). Now with the Silver Sensor I get all channels at 70 signal strength or above without moving it at all. In fact, every channel comes in at like 80 - 87 except PBS which is now 70-75. Big improvement for me at...
Can't help ya with the electrical details, but Linksys will send you a new power supply. Mine went bad, I went on their website, filled out a small form and received it 2 days later. No questions asked, no fees (not even shipping). The only thing I think you need is your model number and/or serial number. Just a suggestion that may save you some time or effort. Loax
My feelings are a mixed bag. I still love the card and am grateful for all the work done by the dev team. They owe me no further support, nor did they ever owe me anything to start. On the other hand, I feel its a shame that this card has slipped into the void. My limited knowledge of its hardware leads me to believe that its' full capabilities have not yet been tapped. The conspirator in me says the development continues in an underground effort amongs a limited...
The HiPix can already be used as a DirectShow rendering device. I think it supports up to 480p input (it will scale up to whatever output resolution you select). I believe thats what the DVD-AddOn does. Though I never got it working at an acceptable level with my equipment. I couldn't control the aspect ratio correctly with the HiPix at 1024x768 (my pj native rez). Then again I'm a newb at writing and configuring ZoomPlayer filters graphs. My htpc is not beefy...
Doh! You are absolutely right. I should have known that. I better lay off the hooch... The error message musta thrown me off. Thanks. Loax
I am trying to store a Windows Backup file (made in XP) on an external firewire drive. The file is 5.5GB in size and resides on my desktop drive. When I try to copy or move the backup file onto the external drive (via USB or firewire) it says there is not enough free disk space on the drive, even though there is more than enough (at least 10GB free). I have tried using a Maxtor 5000DV and a user configurable external drive enclosure. Copying it to another pc on the...
I have used DVTransfer in the past to archive my HiPix files to Mini-DV tape using my camcorder. But its kinda buggy for me and is probably only good for transport streams that can tolerate minor blips without corrupting the whole file. There is no error correction or verification. I have found a similar product called DVStreamer (www.dvstreamer.com) Their next version seems very promising and supposedly will archive all data files without fear of errors. If so, it...