or Connect

Posts by pbo

Any news on your parts? Mine is at United and they told me today "No ETA"
Got to hook up the replacement 809 today from Amazon. I was able to update the firmware right out of the box this time so that's a good thing. I've got it breaking in now.... I noticed on the last defective one that would not accept the firmware update when when I checked the existing version that it ended with ??? and the Onkyo tech said that was fine. This one did not end with ??? out of the box.....
The box was in perfect shape and it came from Amazon so UPS is picking it up tomorrow on them. It did not work right out of the box. I ordered another one that will be here on Friday.
I get error 3-84 when attempting to update via net and error 3-93 when attempting via usb. Just called Onkyo and they had me factory reset and attempt both updates again and told me that the unit must be bad.
Lots of KoolAid being drank here......In a little over a year I have had 2 failed 5507's, 1 (crosses fingers) working DHC-80.2, 2 failed 70.2's and now a NIB DOA 809. Maybe after all these products I might actually know how to hook one up. I have read the manuals (not that it should matter for a simple USB firmware update with nothing plugged in). I like the overall interdace of these products but I am just wired of messing with removig and installing products. It's not...
It wasn't working fine.....Hoping Firmware MIGHT help....Display is not needed for firmware update which will not complete......Thanks though
Brand new unit arrived from Amazon today and connected up, just crap from the get go....The setup Onkyo OSD kept locking up on the Panny VT25. I could see the menu changing on the Onkyo but the Plasma locked tight. I attempted an internet firmware update of the Onkyo and it failed with an error 3-84. Downloaded the update and tried it 3 more times via usb. Tried the vcr/standby reset and it didn't help.....This makes the 5th failed Onkyo/Integra product throughout my house...
You do realize that Alan runs a service center for Onkyo and Integra, right?
1. Model: DTR-70.2 2. Purchase Date: November 2010 3. Place where purchased: Audio Advice 4. First symptom to appear: Unresponsive to remote, front panel, and Power buttons 5. How long after purchase until first symptom appeared? - 4 months 6. Was the symptom consistent or intermittent? - Consistent 7. Which symptom(s) (listed above) are you experiencing? - All 8. If you have contacted Onkyo, and sent in your unit for repair, what where you told the problem is/was?...
Just had a March 50" delivered today from Amazon and refused it due to fbr right off the bat. They are sending a replacement......Wish me luck.....