or Connect

Posts by Will

Cleveland has the 860 priced close to the 850 while on Amazon there's more of a difference between the 860 and the 850 although hopefully, the difference will soon shrink there.
Could you let us know if the 52" XBR6 is rigid on its stand, or if it rotates like Samsung's 52" A860 and A850 rotates on its stand?
I read that Samsung's a950 suffers from an off-angle washout. The washout on that Samsung is supposedly more severe than on Samsung's 52" A860, A850, A750 or A650. However the A950 is 55", and it has an LED backlight. The backlight supposedly improves its on-angle PQ but the backlight affects the off-angle viewing.
Has anyone had the chance to compare the two? I understand that some of the differences between the Sony 52xbr6 and the Samsung 52A860 are 1) Screen: The Sony screen is more matte and the Samsung screen is more clear. 2) Dimension and Weight: The Sony is thicker than the ultra-slim Samsung. The Sony is also heavier. 3) Audio: The Sony has front firing speakers and the Samsung has downfiring speakers. The Sony has a woofer and the Samsung does not. The Sony...
If I get the set from US Appliance, shipped without white glove service and if, when it arrives there's stuck pixels or clouding, is that covered by the warranty?Would I call Samsung directly for the stuck pixels or clouding problems and would Samsung provide hassle-free repair-replacement for this sort of problem?
If I get the set from US Appliance, shipped without white glove service and if, when it arrives there's stuck pixels or clouding, is that covered by the warranty? Would I call Samsung directly for the stuck pixels or clouding problems and would Samsung provide hassle-free repair-replacement for this sort of problem?
Is it just a problem with component video or is there a problem using just hdmi? My understanding is hdmi is the preferred way to connect, if possible, but I know that it isn't always possible to only use hdmi.
Hello, I am unsure if this has been answered before but how does the PQ on the 850/860 compare to that of the 750/650? I know the 850/860 is newer so it should have better PQ EXCEPT THAT a major claim to fame for the 850/860 is they're incredibly thin so, maybe, the 850/860 made PQ compromises in order to get so incredibly trim and thin. Ditto with the Sound Quality. I know the 750 sound is deeper and better than the 650 due to its woofer. (I'm talking about when...
Good advice to watch before buying this set. I'll watch at some retailer, not at home so as to watch before making any purchase.
Thank you. It's very good to know about the limited viewing angle for the new and very expensive 950. How does the PQ of the 860 compare to the 650/750?