or Connect

Posts by gregavi

I spoke to the tech guy at replacementlightbulbs.com and I asked him the question about replacing the bare bulb vs. the entire assembly and he said "unless there is something broken on the housing, there is absolutely no advantage (other than ease of installation) to replace the entire assembly". He sells them either way and gets about $20 more for the entire assembly. I don't think he would say that if he didn't believe it. I went with his recommendation and ordered the...
Why, in your opinion, does it matter if you change the entire fixture as opposed to only the bare bulb?
My mother and I have the same DLP Samsung HL-S5087W that we've had for several years. Hers is getting very dim (mine still looks fine). I was planning on replacing the lamp and wanted advice on where to buy the bare bulb. I have done a couple of bare bulb replacements for friends and it was quite easy. This is why I'd rather save some money and take the extra time involved to do a "bare bulb" replacement. There are so many available with a huge price range. My research...
Thanks justlou, I moved my post to the correct forum.
My mother and I have the same DLP Samsung HL-S5087W we've had for several years. Hers is getting very dim (mine still looks fine). I was planning on replacing the lamp and wanted advice on where to buy the bare bulb. I have done a couple of bare bulb replacements for friends and it was quite easy. This is why I'd rather save some money and take the extra time involved to do a "bare bulb" replacement. Any suggestions on where to buy? There are so many available with a huge...
I appreciate your opinion. In fact what you did and wrote was exactly what I was looking for. Not speculation on whether or not there would be a difference, but input from someone who actually tested different (similar but different, not $40 vs. $1000) mics. So, thanks. I will at some point compare the Pioneer and the Denon (Audyssey) mics. I suspect I'll get similar results, as you put it, "significant but not drastic".Cheers
Obviously there are differences in a mic that is $40 compared to one that is $100 or $1000. What I meant was, is there really much difference between a $40 Denon mic and a $40 Pioneer mic. I guess there's a fairly simple way to answer the question. Do a Audyssey set up (or MCAAC) under identical conditions using the Denon mic and then the Pioneer mic and look at the results they produce. I would do the Audyssey set up since I am much more familiar with Audyssey than I am...
Yeah, you're probably right, but part of me thinks, a mic is a mic. Maybe not though.
Does any body know if it matters if I use the mic that came with my Denon 4311 to set up MCACC on my friends SC 25 since his SC 25 did not come with the setup mic? My neighbor has a fairly recent Pioneer AVR who I could probably borrow a mic from, but I'd rather use my Denon if it doesn't make a difference. Any thoughts, advice or opinions appreciated.
I assume all analog inputs will output to HDMI though. Correct?