or Connect

Posts by Marty M

There is posting at the SMR web site that correctly argues that if Lexicon is to survive, they need to market a processor with a set of features that attract the largest possible number of high-end buyers, since "Lexicon needs every customer it can get." That posting also provides a master list of what needs to be included -- and many of these features were not included on the MP-20, or some types of inputs were only included in very limited numbers.Those who are still...
Health Nut is hardly alone. Many of us have expressed strong views on how long it takes D-Box to code major new releases. Frankly, it is a miracle that the company has even survived the recession -- or will survive the recession -- with their track record. After all, we are talking about a company that sells $13,000 chairs for the ultra-rich in Hollywood that are out of reach for most consumers. Why would anyone buy five new chairs for $65,000 for a home theater, when...
I have an older controller (III?), that I bought used from a dealer. I have updated it with the most recent firmware. The option described by Chet doesn't exist on those older controllers. I checked. Again. It also doesn't say "Live Update," but rather "Auto Update" and only provides an option for when it should run. Again, if there is subscription information included, I sure can't find it. I suspect that the person who posted about his subscription running out also...
Chet, that is not correct. I just poured through every option on my controllers, and there is no indication of when the subscription expires. Anyone who seriously thinks this company would ever email us, in advance, to collect more money from us, is naive, or reading a different forum, or both. This company still codes movies weeks after release, and after coding the wrong version of the Mechanic for the US market, fails to fix it after nearly three weeks have passed...
Like others, I purchased the Mechanic, and invited guests over to watch it. And the codes didn't work. I'm used to the fact that it can take D-Box three months to encode some films, and that it can take them ten years or more to code really popular films like the Star Trek series of films. (D-Box told me over six months ago that they would finally code the Star Trek films, so I guess I should feel fortunate that it is being done, for at least some of them, over six...
On the latter point, it would be an incredibly silly corporate decision by D-Box to stop posting because of valid criticism of the long delays to encode movies. That criticism will continue in this forum whether D-Box chooses to respond, or not. Anyone who googles D-Box will quickly end up in this forum. Potential buyers of D-Box will read the comments in this forum regardless of whether D-Box participates. It would be wise for D-Box to offer their point of view. It...
Download the updated software off the site and install it. I had the same problem until I did that, and then it really kicked in.
Thanks very much for your response and for that information. It would definitely be useful for anyone who does not own a 17" or 24" printer and instead plans on paying someone to do the printing.Having said that, I can't comment on how their fabric compares to that used in digital printing, or how a porous fabric could hold ink.However, many of us already own 17" or 24" printers that can use photo canvas -- or we know someone who does. High quality 17" printers are...
Hard to tell from the web sites what type of canvas it is. However, for digital printing, you should assume that all canvas or fabrics are coated in order to hold the ink. I'm referring to the type of canvas sold by Epson and many other paper companies for the digital printing market. I believe all of these are coated. Definitely not acoustically "transparent" like burlap or acoustic stretch polyester. But if they cover heavy and dense mineral wool, it would seem to me...
Many thanks, in advance, for any responses. I already have 15 four inch acoustic panels filled with 703 or eight pound mineral wool, covered with acoustic cloth. (My home theater room is 18' x 32' with brick in front and brick on one wall, and wood panels on another wall) I am considering adding five more acoustic panels. These will be hung where I have spot lights illuminating the walls. The purpose of the lights was to illuminate my photography, and hang...