or Connect

Posts by Marty M

Is CBS WUSA (DTV) in DC still on the air? I used to get it, but it is now gone. I still pick up DTV for NBC, ABC and PBS fine.
Is CBS WUSA (DTV) in DC still on the air? I used to get it, but it is now gone. I still pick up DTV for NBC, ABC and PBS fine.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated: I'm in Washington DC, with a 15 year old large Radio Shack antenna mounted on a two story carriage house roof, using a ten foot mast. Directly in front of the antenna, about 100-150 feet away, is a row of three story townhouses. I am not able to use a rotator, because a satellite dish is on the same mast. My signal strength varies all over the place, from 55 to 75 on CBS. Some days it is fine, other days it freezes and locks...
I have a Dish 6000 with the OTA module. I live in Washington, DC. I am currently using a large 15 year old VHF/UHF Radio Shack antenna on a 10 foot mast. Unfortunately, I am in a two story residence, and immediately in front of the antenna, and between it and the DC broadcasting towers, is a row of three story buildings. I am not able to use a rotator, because the satellite dish is on the top of the same mast, with the antenna just below it. The only signal I...
Jerry said: Quote: Not correct. The updates occur when the receiver is off. If an update is available, it usually starts within a few minutes of turning off the receiver. The power light will flash when an update is being received. An update cannot occur if the receiver is on. Jerry, what happens if you leave your receiver continuously on for two to four weeks, and then turn it off? Would it automatically begin to download any updates that might...
I belive that I read that the power to the 6000 must be off in order to receive an update. Is that true? I generally leave my receiver on all of the time. Does that mean that I would not receive an update? If the receive must be off, are updates generally sent late in the early am hours, so if I turn it off each night, I would be OK? Is there any way to "force" the receiving of an update?
I'm new to both DISH and the 6000, so forgive two questions that might have been previously covered. (1) When watching 4:3 Showtime/HBO/or OTA digital broadcasts through the 6000 HD component outputs (so this is not SD) I get a smaller box/viewing area that is significantly reduced in size. It is 28" on my 36" Sony. Is this the 4:3 problem that Jerry referenced? I heard that DISH may be fixing this. However, I hope that it is not a "zoom" that would only zoom in on...
Sony is scheduled to release a new HDTV-DirecTV tuner in the next month, as is Panasonic. Does anyone know anything about the Sony? Which is your preference? Does the Panasonic have all of the DirecTV features of the Sony DirecTV systems (favorites, index, category, guides, etc)? When I looked at the Mitsubishi, it appeared to lack many of these features. The Sony might cost less. I've also read that different tuners work better or worse in particular locations. I...