or Connect

Posts by jeff43

The reason Dishnet has been mum recently on possible 3D rollout dates is they have already passed their initial "possible" season for the rollout, they have been burned and, really due to no fault of their own, really upset a lot of people way back when HDTV first arrived by constantly pushing back the rollout date for HDTV. To be honest, I was surprised they even mentioned 3D availability before they were absolutely certain about the initial broadcast date. I suppose...
I bought a DLO dock system in which the remote control just went belly up, making the system useless. It did last for 2 years or so but, seriously, how can such a simple set up go bad? Anyway... I'm going to ask the simplest of simple questions and I hope someone has an answer. All I want is an ipod dock that charges the ipod and uses the digital signal from the ipod directly to the receiver (and I would prefer an optical out from the dock rather than RCA jacks...
I have been in love with comedies since I was a kid. I have been a big fan of the Dick Van Dyke Show, Leave it to Beaver, Andy Griffith (early shows) and, later, Mary Tyler Moore, Newhart, Cheers, Newsradio, Seinfeld and, now, Community. There have been a lot of shows that I thought were great but only lasted a few weeks, like The Dana Carvey Show and some that only had a pilot like Adam West's "Lookwell!" Laugh tracks, filming in front of an audience does inhance the...
This VT-30 version may end up being THE HDTV. My feeling is Panasonic has been trying to take that extra step and provide the ultimate viewing experience. The 24 frame rate, black levels, solid 3D ability and the fact they have significantly reduced the fading black level problems from earlier generations all together make this an excitimg product. As we all know, the reviews have been almost giddy. That being said, I may wait for the next generation partly for...
I agree their HD package really is a good deal, I went with it myself, but to eliminate solid HD channels with content unavailable anywhere else was really stupid. We have to remember we're still in an early HD period and decent material is still fairly rare. What was somewhat surprising to me, as you read back through this thread, people enjoyed a lot of different VOOM programming...the wide variety appealed to a lot of different customers. If Directv does go with...
I don't know what that means. Are they, the CNET reviewer, saying that a 1080i film source does not do a great job of line-doubling...changing the 1080i to 1080p from a film source? I will be purchasing either the 42PZ800u or the Sony 40XBR4 in about three weeks. The black level has me leaning towards the 800u while the screen anti-glare abilities have me leaning towards the XBR4. Anyway, on the 800u, why is the video 1080i deinterlacing fine but not the 1080i film...
I was wandering through the internet and noticed an Aussie store offering the BW500 for $1899, around $1840 US. Some top-line BR players are around $1K so I don't see the BW500 as "crazy" pricing, relatively of course. As far as time-shifting via TiVo or BR-DVD's, it's simply a matter of when to put up the cash to bargain/fight with the studios. As long as a consumer does not sell recordings it should be as it's always been. SONY, being in the movie and consumer...
I have actually watched the fishing network and, I'm not sure how to say this, but, uh...I like it! Damn me to hell! I admit I like to fish but I am not a fan enough to watch it on television but at least these shows aren't all about bass fishing. There's one show that has two nude Canadian women fishing, OK they are not nude but I got you thinking there a second, didn't I, and there's fishing from Alaska, all over North America and some I've watched has been in...
I have not purchased a universal remote in many years and I'm hoping someone can fill me in on what will work for me. Last time I looked, there was no remote with adequate memory to REALLY be a universal remote. 1. I want to be able to use the remote from any room in my modest sized home. Therefore: Need RF set-up. 2. I want to be able to use the remote for learning from other remotes. 3. I want to be able to actually input all the information I want from other...
I'll be doing my own vooming if Directv gets Voom. I'm lucky in that I have both a Directv and Dishnet HD receiver, I only use the Directv receiver for the NFL package, but I have continued to hang onto Dishnet because they are generally a little classier...my opinion. I am not committed to either. The ONLY reason I've kept them, Dishnet, is because of Voom. Don't they realize Voom would have kept them head and shoulders above Directv? Irony of ironies...Directv...