or Connect

Posts by mflaster

Did you try the links on my Davis Resource page? I have a page for where to buy bulbs - but I don't know if any of the links are good. Could you report back if you succeed / fail? I don't need a bulb now, but I will at some point! Mike
Sounds good! Just keep in mind that when you flash the gamma, it only lasts while the projector is on. Mike
Quote: Originally posted by gmshoemaker I never understood why they state it that way. The center of the lens and the top of screen (not frame) must be same distance from the ceiling (if level). The center of lens is 3.75 inches from the projector bottom (ceiling mounting side), so if the screen is 12" from the ceing, the bottom of the projector is 12"-3.75" = 8.25' from the ceiling. This is for an HS10, all indications are the HS20 are the same. ...
Quote: Originally posted by blipszyc I've been reading through this thread and I noticed a couple folks with 8' ceilings being woried about keystone correction. I'm new to the PJ world, so could someone please explain why this would be an issue. Couldn't you just lower the mount that the PJ was on to get it lower? Actually, the problem isn't that you want it lower, it's that you want it higher. This is assuming you ceiling mount it. If you...
Well that's depressing! And here I thought it was just a vicious rumor that the new HDTVs don't do a good job on NTSC... :( So what exactly is the problem? Is it the scaling? "Digital processing"? (What is that, exactly?) RandyWalters says his Tau does a good job on NTSC - does the Panasonic have a better scaler? This isn't going to go over real well with the wife: "Yes, honey, the picture in our new expensive TV is not quite as good as our 15 year old TV...
I think Orta's comment about "piss poor" was not meant as an indictment of satellite vs. cable, but rather comparing NTSC to HDTV. I think the general comment is that once HDTV becomes prevalent, these HDTV sets will make a huge difference (obviously). For the current fare, where the vast majority is not HD, well, that's not why you buy an HDTV... I'm also thinking about getting an HDTV, mainly because now there's *some* HDTV content, and as time goes on there will...
Quote: Originally posted by simmike I'll post to this thread next week with my comments. Definitely curious to hear your opinion! Another thing I'm trying to figure out, I've never physically seen one - they say it's 36.4" wide, but obviously that's at its widest point. I'm sure it's not 36.4" wide for its entire 22" depth. I'm wondering for how many inches (deep) is it the full 36.4" wide? My space is a touch under 36" wide in the back,...
Quote: Originally posted by hardwired Interestingly, I could not select 480p vs 1080i display output although the spec says it supports both. I'm sorry, I didn't quite follow that. You couldn't change the output on what? Mike
I was actually trying to download the manual from the Zenith Service Site , but they don't seem to have a manual for it... :( I went to a BB last week and they didn't have it on display... Mike
Thanks for all the advice! In particular the people that pointed out that this mobo will shut down if the CPU is too hot (i.e. the fan is not spinning). As I said, my CPU fan was spinning - but the heat sink/fan had gotten detached from one side of the CPU. (It wasn't really noticeable, until I touched it, and realized it was loose.) And without that solid contact, I guess it almost immediately gets too hot. My IDE cable had also fallen out at some point, probably...