or Connect

Posts by stuckin96

I wouldn't say I'm on the market quite yet but I do see myself buying a new amp in the next year, so I really need to get up to speed. This is a great thread BTW, with great info. Thanks all.Ever since I started coming across (Yamaha I think?) AC3 RF demodulator boxes online for dirt cheap, my only reason for wanting/needing a newer Pioneer amp with such feature has disappeared. I'm like the OP who has no brand loyalty whatsoever and is going to make a decision based on...
What ever happened to Velodyne? I can remember circa 10 years ago back when I was selling consumer electronics when we got in our first SLP 8 (or SLP 800) and set it up on the floor next to a 12" PSB sub. That tiny little SLP8/800 was a monster. None of us had ever seen/heard anythign like it. Had like a 1200w amp. I think it was about the same time the cheaper velodyne models started getting sold at future shop/best buy. I'd love to get my hands on one of those tiny...
If you search through my previous posts I asked the same question a few pages back, asking folks what their ideal 3D settings are. I can share with you that I discovered two features which seem to influence the 3D effect a lot: one is the "pop out leve". I believe my player was defaulted to 1. I now have it max'd out at level 4 and its quite a difference. I think the other setting is called "depth" and again you can amp that up as well. Find my post as I think I describe...
Hockey season is back and finally the room is rockin with the new bar! Should be a fun season - GO LEAFS GO! Here's a few new pics with a slight re-arrangement of the seating which actually works nice to open up the space and provide a quicker/easier path to and from the bar.
5' x 3' nook BEFORE: ... and NOW: Only a sneak peak. Just needs mirror panels on the back wall and glass shelves. It is several months overdue but just in time for the start of the new 2013/2014 NHL hockey season! GO LEAFS GO!!
Was playing around with the settings on both my BDT 220 BD player and my GT50, watching the beginning 2 minutes of Wrath of the Titans on 3D BD... I noticed that under the Custom picture setting mode on the GT50, the pulldown option is greyed out and set to off. Pure direct is also greyed out and set to off. The only things I can play with are NR, mosquito, motion enhancer and the refresh. I have everything set to OFF and use the 48hz setting. The settings on the 220 BD...
You learn something new each day... I thought I understood the relationship between 24 frames per second and screen refresh rate, but clearly not. When I was searching for a plasma last year I had no idea I should have been looking for a panel with 72hz refresh rate! lolI always understood that plasma display technology was inherently better at displaying fast motion images vs. LCD or LED. I guess the 600hz stat most plasma's like Panasonic advertise isn't the same as a...
@ 14' viewing distance from eyeballs to panel surface, the 60" is not going to look that big. It will seem just fine for 16:9 HDTV/1.85:1 movies but too small for 2.35:1 aspect moives. The 55" will appear TINY.I originally spec'd the viewing distance of my theatre room as being 15+ feet from eyes to screen - that was when I had a 100"+ projector screen in mind. Once the room was built the space seemed a lot smaller, and I messed up my plans b/c the way the back wall's...
That IS funny. Reminds me of the wacky disclaimers they read off when advertising medication for anti-depressants or other ailments... "xyz will cure your afliction and help you return to normal life ... please do not use xyz if you are on other meds. Certain common side effects such as dry mouth, sweating, delusion, confusion, fatigue are common - as are headaches, vomiting, diarrhea. In some cases sudden heart attack or depression can occur. Stop using xyz if you have...
Frohlich I would have figured you being the one who not only started this thread but founded the entire subwoofer sub-forum altogether And yes I agree, that center channel is way too wimpy. Source another one of your L or R channels for God's sake and plant that sucker front and center! :P