or Connect

Posts by Norm

You needn't worry about me, Bob. I imported a 3800 from Germany and I love it.
I understand that, Bob. My point is that the EU sku is not available to buy in the UK. At the moment, the only option is to import it from another country such as Germany where it is readily available.
Sorry not logged in for a few days. I am very happy with the 3800. Haven't upgraded the firmware to the beta as, touch wood, not had problems yet. It was also interesting to discover my Acer laptop has both 5.0 and 2.4GHz when it showed up when setting my wireless settings. Didn't realise it before as they never seem to advertise what they support. TBH, having had it now for nearly three weeks, I am astonished it is still not available in the UK. What are Netgear UK...
Quote: Originally Posted by Norm Well I've just ordered from this German company. Total cost paying by Paypal was €126.40 and with Paypal's exchange rate that came to £111.70. Just had confirmation they will be shipping it tomorrow! So, hopefully a result! Reporting back as requested. They actually shipped a day late and it waited the whole weekend with Parcelforce. Delivered about 5 minutes ago. Not set it up yet. Just to confirm it comes with...
Well I've just ordered from this German company. Total cost paying by Paypal was €126.40 and with Paypal's exchange rate that came to £111.70. Just had confirmation they will be shipping it tomorrow! So, hopefully a result!
Hi Bob You have seen the recent posts about availability of the WNDR3800 in the UK where basically, after repeated assurances that it would be available by last week, no dates are now being given at all. Are you able to find out what is happening, please? This is getting increasingly frustrating.
CBC Computers. My understanding is that the only practical difference was to be the power supply and, perhaps, the user manuals. The WNDR3800 is the one for me - if it ever comes out!
This is really getting ridiculous now. Have just received the following from my preferred reseller in the UK - Hi Norman, I have just checked stock and the date has now been removed completely. We were advised that stock would be arriving today, however, you may want to email Netgear for further information. When I contact Netgear they have no reliable information!
I didn't confirm an order yet. I went through the process just to check there would be no problem shipping to the UK but I thought I would wait a little longer as they also are not in stock yet. If stock is available there first, I will definitely place my order there.
Amazon UK hasn't even heard of the WNDR3800. I am tempted to order from Amazon.de as the price with shipping will still be less than the UK price.