or Connect

Posts by vfxproducer

The post production for the show was done in London, but the overwhelming majority of the filming was in Budapest. There were only a few second unit shoots in London. A lot of what might have looked like London was visual effects.
Exactly. I'm referring specifically to OTA networks. You can see it in pilot season especially. The past couple of years the ratio of heavily serialized shows to non serialized shows in development skewed back towards more episodic formats. While soaps might continue to be serialized, it is kind of obvious from the pilots that didn't get picked up, that the networks are a little skittish about serialised action oriented sci-fi.Did somebody give 'Survivor' as an example of...
it doesn't hurt that the historic parts of Budapest, where they filmed the show, are quite beautiful.
I'm sure that's deliberate. The networks have learned that generally, by and large, heavily serialized shows that require you to watch every episode to follow the story tank in the ratings. Shows whose episodes are stand alone stories have a greater chance of survival.
I need to check Revelations, but I'm pretty sure this is one of the signs of the apocalypse.
Yes, Summer's in a recurring role on Arrow: http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/summer-glau-to-recur-on-cws-arrow/
I agree with everything above. Somebody else compared this show to 'Mutant X' a while back, and as I was listening to the dialog of this week's episode, that's all I could think of. It was awful. Especially Skye's boyfriend. Wowsers that was cheesy. Like it was lifted from a random internet dialog generator for generic anti-establishment hacker types.I agree with Ming Na's potential. She needs more dialog. The other actor who could have been a great addition to this show...
Gee, I wonder why? Oh that's right, Jeph Loeb, the head of Marvel Television, was driving that story line for Heroes.
SOOOOOOOOO glad they didn't do that. Nothing says that a sit-com has run its course like stunt episodes like that. Or 'very special' episodes about cancer, pregnancy, a death in the family, etc. Those are the worst. We tune in to comedies for laughs...not to watch the actors stretch their chops in special dramatic episodes.
That's exactly what I think of it and how I describe it to friends.