or Connect

Posts by Java

You should check out the "main thread" on the sub flat packs: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1379949/more-flat-pack-kits-comingThis is a small off shoot thread. You should be able to find your answer searching the main thread. If not, ask the question there. Erich and the gang are usually pretty active.I can't say enough about Erich's flat packs. I did my first build (LCR) from scratch and then "upgraded" to flat packs for my surrounds and subs. Huge difference. Not just...
Super Chunk Update I was able to hit part of my objective of finishing the treatments before the break ended. I finished the super chunk corner treatments. Here's my update... Framing As stated earlier, the bulk of my build is the same as Chas'. The major difference is that I used Roxul vs OC 703. In the framing, I decided to use L brackets to mount into the wall vs using long screws straight through the 2x2. Mainly I did this for the top frame. It's tough for me...
No worries, Goldorak. No interruption, at all.Yes. This is basically a silent pc mod. The Nexus fans are key fans in the silent pc world. I've hush up all my pc's and I can say the amp is now as quiet or quieter than any of my pc's.On the power, per below, it looks like there are different models for the "power regions". Can you get an iNuke from a retailer (i.e., Amazon) in your area?iNuke 6000 PowerAs far as underfeeding the subs, have you looked into your gain...
I have the potential to, yes. But I'm careful not to push them too much. I never have the amps attenuators past 12 o'clock and rarely even see green lights,much less red lights. That is part of my problem. I'm trying not to push too hard but then need to give it more juice. Again, either it's not enough or I'm bottoming out the subs (metal clank).I was thinking about going with 3000, but per here, I got a lot of advice to go with the 6000. Sound advice.Yes. The fans...
I used a HPF (10 Hz shelf, see below) in miniDSP. I didn't at first since these are sealed, but since I kept bottoming out the drivers when I pushed the amps, I thought it would be safer to use one.What you are probably seeing is the low bass from the mains. I have the LPF at 60Hz.
Yep. I hate to have facts cloud the picture. ;-)I've been all over the guide and the forum. The fuzzy part for me is using HDMI with the AVR. I used a straight out of the sound card for my mains and subs.
See, I'm not crazy Ok, maybe I still am, but this proves what I've been hearing. After many "oh crap, I forgot..." runs to HD and "honey do" projects, I am ready to do my treatments. With only two days left of my break, I'm determined to finish the treatment... Anyway, I wanted to grab some REW measurements as the "pre" measurments before I crank on the treatments. Per my earlier posts, I only did the REW measures with the subs, only. I haven't run them through the...
From what I've read, the performance is very similar. I pulled the relevant spec's below from Bob Gold's analysis. Remember that you are probably looking at a 2" 703 (most common) vs 3" of SnS (what's at Lowes). Technically the 3" SnS beats a 2" 703 across all frequencies. To be fair, I also looked at the 3" 703 against the 3" SnS. The are fairly similar except at 250 hz.Roxul Safe n Sound vs OC 703 (Bob Gold)Graph of sameNow, keep in mind that since SnS is so cheap,...
From what I could find, they only have "standard insulation": http://www.lowes.com/Search=roxul?storeId=10151&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&N=0&newSearch=true&Ntt=roxul#!You can find it for shipping: http://www.atsacoustics.com/item--Roxul-Rockboard-60-Case-of-6--RB60.htmlI really can't speak to the spectral and model absorption. I barely understand the concept. On spectral, you are talking about reflections, right? And broadband? Given that Roxul SnS is slightly less...
Hey Mike,I scanned your thread (very nice work, btw), but I couldn't find a compelling reason to switch from mineral wool to pink fluffy stuff. For the corner traps, my main goal is bass absorption versus broadband absorption. Given that, everything I've seen (and I've been all over AVS, Gear Slutz, etc.) says the denser the better for bass absorption. I understand there is a limit, but Roxul SnS is around 2.5 pcf, so I should be fine.Thanks,Java