or Connect

Posts by Dizzy49

I am not entirely sure this is the correct forum for DACs, but I thought I would give it a try. Light Harmonic introduced the Geek Out a couple months ago. It was a high definition portal USB DAC aimed at Laptop users. The specs on it were quite impressive. They have taken many of the suggestions from the Geek Out campaign, and are creating a Desktop version called the 'Geek Pulse' (http://igg.me/at/geekpulseaudio/x/5192321) Here are the current specs (if this...
Light Harmonic Labs, the geniuses behind the Da Vinci DAC have created a desktop version. While it is not quite as powerful as the Da Vinci DAC, it will be the best desktop DACs available. The Geek Pulse will retail for $499, and save 50% now! They have created a project on IndieGoGo for it. http://igg.me/at/geekpulseaudio/x/5192321 Here are some of the higlights: LH Labs is a team of audio geeks in Sacramento, CA. We manufacture very high-end audio equipment that is...
The Kickstarter campaign for Geek recently ended, and it was so successfully that they want to keep the the momentum going. They are allowing people to pre-order the GEEK OUT for $199 for a limited time (then it will go to it's regular price of $249). In addition, until Friday, September 27th, if you use the coupon code iamageeksfriend, they will take an additional $30 off the current price. GEEK OUT is available in a variety of colors and mW ratings: 450mW for 300 ohm...
I have to admit, that I'm surprised no one commented on this... Anyway, the Kickstarter is over, but they are taking pre-sales. You can use the coupon code iamageeksfriend through Friday September 27th, to receive $30 off the current price. Also, I would appreciate it if you would mention my name (Sean Hull) in the order notes, as I can earn a free high res album from 2L You can check out Gavin's Blog and see them connect the GEEK to an iPad, see technical specs, see...
There is a Kickstarter for a USB DAC by the guys at Light Harmonic who brought you the Da Vinci DAC. It seems like an amazing little piece of tech, and there is a strong push to get a 3.5mm Line Out for it so it can act as a stand alone device. Here are some of the highlights: It's a digital to analog converter (DAC). Our ears can't hear anything that's digital; digital signals have to be converted into analog form before we can hear them. DACs are everywhere: in your...
I tried REALLY hard not to trash Samsung and provide a neutral review, but I will never buy another Samsung product... Here's my review for the PN60E6500 Plasma http://www.avsforum.com/products/samsung-pn60e6500-60-inch-1080p-600-hz-3d-slim-plasma-hdtv/reviews/4321
I have a DatOptic SPM394 RAID Controllers for sale. They are Port Multipliers, so it takes 5x SATA drives, and connects to the motherboard using 1 SATA port. With both of these you can easily connect 10x SATA drives to a standard motherboard. I have used these with both 3TB and 4TB drives. SPM394 - Key Features 5x SATA drive as raid levels: 0 / 1 / 3 / 5 / 10 / JBOD / CLONE with eSATA connection. Support SATA host with or without Port Multiplier ware LCD display for...
This sounds a lot like a WDTV box. Will it mount Windows shares? Plays .avi, .mpg, .mkv ? Support subtitles?
I'm selling my Toshiba HD-XA2 HD-DVD player, and all of my HD-DVD movies. Below you will find my list of movies I have for sale, and many of them are Unopened. Price is $2.00 for opened HD-DVDs, and $3.00 for Unopened, or $75.00 for all of them! Prices do not include shipping. I will ship anywhere in the US at buyer's cost. Updated Jan 21, 2013 to reflect movies sold. 2 Fast 2 Furious Aeon Flux Army of Darkness [Unopened] Beowulf: Director's Cut [Unopened] Billy...
I am selling my beloved Toshiba HD-XA2KN HD-DVD player. Times are tough, and I need to let this go to pay the bills. I'll ship anywhere in the US at buyer's cost. It comes with original remote (not pictured since I use my Harmony Remote and it's been packed up since I bought it) and the original manual. Edit: Sold all the HD-DVDs. Only the player remains. $90 + Shipping