or Connect

Posts by Joseph Clark

As Don says, getting the most of a wider interaxial is challenging. IMO, it's definitely worth it, but the best way to find out if an SBE is going to work for you is to experiment. One thing you don't have to do is move 50 meters back from your subject. I can make the SBE for my JVC TD1 work well at distances as close as ~15' (4-5 meters), depending on the subject matter and background. One big problem is setting the convergence point, especially with subjects at, say, 15'...
Not a stupid question. Zebra gives you a visual cue that areas of the image are overexposing. If you see the zebra stripes, that area of the image is past the 70% or 100% exposure level. It tells you that you need to reduce the aperture and/or increase the shutter speed, or that part of the image will lose detail. That is, what should be shades of gray (like details in a cloud) will be one solid bright white area.
It might have happened very recently, Bob. When I got the Roku 3, I watched the pilot episode of Eureka. It was 720p. A while later, I watched an episode from season 3, and it was 1080p. Now, everything I see on Amazon is 1080p. The overall quality seems to be better than when I first started streaming, so maybe it's a systematic upgrade for Amazon. Both Amazon and Netflix look far better than OTA has for a long time. I took the time the other day to do some comparisons....
I think the point others have been making the last couple of days is that improving projector technology so that 3D looks better brings 2D improvements along for the ride. Poor ghosting performance on the JVCs was my main reason for ditching them. Poor ghosting performance is a result of individual pixels in display chips not being able to switch from a full off to a full on state (or vice versa) fast enough to prevent one eye from seeing part of the image intended for the...
IIRC, the New Blue Titler has been causing problems in Vegas for some time now. I had issues with it, and I think Don did, too. Too bad, because it's a really nice titling program. Sounds like you're on your way to getting the problem resolved.
Hope you get it worked out. One of my biggest complaints about Vegas Pro in the past has been a lack of stability. I got into the habit of saving after every couple of changes, because previous versions crashed so frequently. It's such a contrast to Edius, which very rarely crashes on either of my PCs. I've been editing heavily the last three weeks on my main edit system, and I can't recall a single instance of Edius crashing. This is with numerous color corrections,...
Ditto. I can live with it. If Ultra-D works with the NLE vendors, it seems to me they still might be able to develop a 4K display that could be used as a 3D editing monitor. I doubt that's a priority for them, though.
Yes, that should be plenty of RAM. It's tough to know what the problem is. Are you sure the hard drive you're rendering to is NTFS? If it is, you might try rendering just small parts of the timeline. If it renders small parts in tact, but not the whole thing, it might be a file size issue. If it simply can't render that last 10%, it might be a problem with the source files in that section.
How much RAM? It might be running out.
Vegas is great software, but it lags far behind Edius for 3D preview. Edius is so smooth, it's not a whole lot different than working in 2D on my system. Unfortunately, it's an extra step, because you have to use Vegas or PowerDirector to create a Blu-ray 3D disc. For me, it would be ideal if I could mash up Edius' real time preview and editing flexibility, Vegas' ability to export to higher quality Blu-ray 3D and PowerDirector's ability to create 3D menus. I'd mix and...