or Connect

Posts by Toe

Exactly! I was surprised by how strong both depth and pop were. Hope to see this released at some point.
I love 3d and 2d and sometimes I feel like one over the other. Not sure what the issue is....if you don't like 3d, just watch the 2d version which you have the option to do with every blu ray release. My biggest complaint is Beowulf has not seen a 3d blu ray release. If the streaming Netflix version is any indication, this title has very strong depth and pop and deserves a blu release! Great audio IMO as well. Anyone heard of a plan to release this?
The only thing I have found that works 100% of the time for me is watching and judging for myself. This is why my blind buys have gone down over the years and my renting has gone up. With the premium charged for 3d blus', I love being able to rent first for most and if I come across something I want to own, I can buy when the price is right.
Reviews are as subjective as the day is long. If my purchases were based on reviews alone, I would have kicked myself many times over the years.
Thanks for the great report! Will wait and see this when it hits blu.
I belong to Netflix as well for all my 2d blu ray needs, but problem is they don't rent 3d blu rays. 3d-blurayrental fills in the 3d void left by Netflix for a decent price. I have already had 5-6 3d rentals here that I would have KICKED myself for buying vs the much cheaper rental cost since they were one and done. Buying every 3d title I want to see is just not realistic $$$ wise, so renting is a great way to go. Yogi Bear for example was great 3d, great one time watch,...
$16/month with a 5 per month limit=$3.20 per title. I get titles in 3 business days.
Thanks for the offer Ralph. From the conversation a few pages back starting on post #1109 (pg 37), a handful of users reported seeing the banding with any material (does not have to be animated, but I bet animation would really show the issue if it's there) with a light grey or white type background. If you start at post 1109 and read through the next few pages, a few posters gave some screen shot examples from some live action type titles (Oblivion and Game of Thrones)....
I personally enjoy using CMD on all animated blu rays, so I would like to see this resolved.Surprised to see you back on here SOWK. Are you planning on selling your Sony?
Great post Joseph and well said!