or Connect

Posts by oleus

i bought the same three disc collection (region 0 German) recently, as well as Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me.The quality is very good. Lost Highway never looked better. Mulholland Drive is a little soft but thats how it always looked, and Inland Empire is fine (it was shot on DV video so it's hard to critique). Fire Walk With Me looks great, but the only "problem" is that there are no english subtitles during the loud bar scene towards the end. The scene works ok...
same experience mentioned above - i upgraded to Blast before getting the upgrade, but my speeds never went up, took a few calls but they sorted it out and my speeds quadrupled. very surprised to be impressed by something Comcast did lol
i watched this again and wasn't as put off by the "darkness" of the 3d as first viewing. i don't think it was any kind of transfer or 3d error, but then again hardly anyone will really notice the dip in the transformers brightness until they see the waveform analysis which shows a 20% dip in brightness early on in the film in the middle of a scene and for the rest of the movie. A lot of people like that disc, not even knowing it's not as bright as it should be for 80%...
well there's dark, and then there's what I saw which was just plain murky and crushed. someone posted that all of the Thor bluray product disappeared from some Wal Marts, I wonder if there was a problem with some of the discs? What I saw didn't come close to Captain America's conversion, and the only other 3d bluray i've seen that approached this level of murkiness was parts of Fright Night 3d.
Totally agree with the last two posts. Aside from the bad 3d picture , I found it to be a very strange and unsatisfying marvel movie. I am one of the few fans of the first Thor and this one just fell flat for me.
watched the 3d disc last night. it's really a subpar conversion, nowhere near the Avengers conversion or even earlier ones like Captain America. And it's much darker than it should be, more black crush than i've ever seen in a 3d title. i know a lot of people liked this better than the first Thor, but i found it to be a huge letdown. a very strange followup to the Avengers.
watched the 3d disc last night. it's really a subpar conversion, nowhere near the Avengers conversion or even earlier ones like Captain America. And it's much darker than it should be, more black crush than i've ever seen in a 3d title.
I've been interested in doing one of these for my own use, I think it would be great. What are you using for file capture and editing, though? So far I haven't been able to find anything that captures the stereo frames (makemkv captures 2d from 3d discs) - and also on the editing side, I'm wondering what file type would be best as .mkv files don't play well with editing systems like Final Cut or Adobe Premiere Pro.
It was a post process but the parts I sampled looked pretty good. The unrated version is an exclusive bonus disc in the 3d set.
3d version is the theatrical cut.