or Connect

Posts by lgodave

Took about 10 days, but I finally fixed a problem with the HDMI port on my LTV-32w6 HD . Someone had said If I spent 20 Minutes pressing the HDMI button on my Westinghouse Remote that'd "reset" the HDMI Port. (Along with pulling the HDMI Plug to allow for a proper "handshake"). TV had been unplugged for most of that 10 days and I decided against spending 20 Minutes so I pressed the HDMI button 20 times in rapid (regular) succession with the TV ON/HDMI Cable OUT/HDMI...
Yeah, got a reply from Amazon about it too last night..."The Amazon Instant Video app is not currently available on 2014 Vizio TVs, but is coming soon. We're working hard on an updated version of the app for these devices. I'm really sorry for any inconvenience...." As long as they're working on it. But on the other hand my new "Smart TV" isn't really as "Smart" (yet?) as my Roku 2. Suppose next time I might just skip the "SmartTV" and just stick with an External...
Glad to see others with this model.I too am a new Owner of an E420i-B0... Picked up at the local Wal-Mart. They didn't have any on the floor (Except two A0 Displays). (Got this one from the back.) Had the impression that this model would take updates via the Internet... Noticed and Disappointed that the Amazon App doesn't seem to work. I've still got the ROKU... but I did buy a "Smart TV". Since Amazon is actually on the REMOTE... I'm going to expect it to work! Hope...
Just shy of 7 years and my 32" Westinghouse HDTV fried it's HDMI port yesterday. So I'm on the hunt for the best Code(s) to use with my UTV Remote on my new 42" Vizio E420i-B0 . Using the code for a Goldstar TV (1006) for Power/Volume. What I'm currently missing out on is a way to remotely change my INPUT/Source. Anyone with some ideas/experience with the RCA UTV Remote and Vizio TVs?
Plenty of Channels Left... Can't say I'm "missing" any. NASA TV went to the HD Side some time ago... but then I've alternative ways should I want to watch an ISS Spacewalk. On the Retiring UTV question. It's still kicking but an HD DVR is probably not far from my future... Yet, My 32" Westinghouse TV fried it's HDMI port (The one and only) yesterday when I was sitting down to watch a DVD (Via a 3 way HDMI Switch) yesterday. Replaced it with a 42" Vizio... Just got done...
Still procrastinating... haven't even replaced the bad R15 yet. The Bedroom Sony UTV was "faking" a bad Tuner (Still had Audio and would "flash" Video when changing channels... then "Search for Sat" while giving me good audio. System Test would say 0% Tuner/Fail but again with the available Video/Audio stream.) A reset (12357) did the trick. Got to get around to getting an upgrade. (While still keeping the Legacy Option)
Might be the only choice they have to "upgrade" me. I've been meaning to upgrade to a Genie (and one or two Genie compatible "stand alone" DVRs (so I can use more then 5 Tuners...) But having to upgrade to SWM and therefore losing my UTVs (with a typical install). The transition is one I'm not looking forward to.
What kind of items would you need? I've got a bit of everything in my "parts" collection. Several RCA DWD490RE , at least one DWD495RE, and a few Sony SAT-W60. Keyboards, Remotes, Manuals, UTV Boxes... Still have several active UTVs too which I suppose will need a good home when I get around to upgrading... I'd say most of my "spare" parts collection do have issues of some kind a flaky tuner, maybe two, and/or have some strange behavior bugs (the 495 for example tended...
Still looking for ideas. One of my R15-300's seems to have a dead fan (Unit will prompt that it's "Shutting down to cool off" and I've seen it resetting on various occasions on it's own too when it's not in use). Thinking I'll be calling Directv soon with the game plan to get a Tech on-site with the intention of just going ahead with a full SWM upgrade but with the understanding I might just stick with my old setup (and swap/repair the R15-300 with a backup DVR I've...
http://www.msntv.com/msntv/ClosureFAQ.asp For those active UTV users that still use their "3 Hours of WebTV/MSNTV Service" the MSN TV Service will close after Sept. 30, 2013. If you'd like to continue accessing your e-mail/favorites/photos/etc you'll want to read the FAQ before the Service closes and follow the update/upgrade procedures. Might be nice to hear if that means if DirecTV will be "crediting" us back some money for the unavailable MSNTV service...