or Connect

Posts by vegggas

Hard cut commercial interruptions became real bad after the first hour and then through the rest of the presentation. Also on the 3D feed, we get to see the memorial of the 7/7 attack and performance of dance and singing that NBC cut completely cut out of the program. We also get to see the first performance from the Arctic Monkeys that NBC cut out. Overall, NBC broadcast cut out a lot of footage to add commercials, where the Panasonic feed just went to hard sponsor cuts...
On Cox, the opening ceremonies just started (2AM delay) playing on the 3D channel and it looks great, but sounds even better without any voice over or commentators interrupting every 3 seconds. Also very limited commercials, but at least they are 3D specific and not following the 2d production at all.
Opening ceremonies are up and running in 3D through Cox Las Vegas. There are no commentators and limited commercials that are 3D specific and a STUPID SNIPE! The cameras have some unique viewpoints and angles I didn't see in the 2d feed.
Take a look at the LW5600 thread. Some of us have virtually no lag or less than 40ms - Attached is a pic of mine, down to 30ms using the laptop cloned to my 55lw5600 via HDMI... Another user made this video with no noticeable lag. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post21826662 I just had to switch to Game mode, and knocked down settings to less than 50%, especially sharpness, and made sure all of the picture processing functions are off in all the settings...
Not at home right now, but all the settings for Game mode were listed previously - 50%, and off for everything. Not much to change I would concentrate on that No Just Scan problem to find the real cause of your lag. I don't think the TV is getting an HD signal from the Xbox. When on the Xbox, press the TV's info button and see what signal it is getting. Also, are you connected directly to the TV? If you're playing through a receiver, that can alter the signal resolution...
Didn't notice this last night when I was tired. Just Scan is grayed out when the incoming signal source is NOT HD. The signal has to be 720p or 1080i/p to use Just Scan. At 480i/p, that option is not available as it would be a small postage stamp in the center of the screen. When the TV has to upconvert an SD signal to HD, it can add to the lag time too.
Your post was getting buried and I just noticed it. Cinema zoom works as a stretch mode at 480i and a regular zoom (4-way with adjustment) on content at and above 480p. If you are using a STB, set the output to 480p, 720p or 1080i/p.
March 2011 - 1 year of use.Once in GAME mode, go into the video setup, scroll down to Advanced Control and there are the other video options for color gamut, skin tone, etc.For me, PC or GAME were the same, but I think (guess) PC is more for 1:1 RGB mapping and GAME is for better response time.Don't know anything about your camera, but a quick search looks like its more of an Automatic style camera that doesn't let you make change any camera settings. You need two things...
Using a dual output from a laptop screen and HDMI out to the TV's HDMI input to see exactly the same thing on both screens at the same time (the timer) to accurately measure the lag time of the TV display compared to the original image. See my poor quality images in the post above.
Here are three snapshots from using my laptop browser pointed to http://tft.vanity.dk/inputlag.html connected to the TV as a cloned screen. A typical 100ms lag time, an improved lag time of 70ms and an impressive 30ms lag time. My typical lag time was actually about 50ms. This was achieved by using HDMI 3, (just randomly used this input), labeling it GAME (using the input button, then using green button to change the label to GAME) and using AV mode as GAME (Q.Menu ->...