or Connect

Posts by KevinG

Yes, I'll be using my sunfire for 5 of the channels...only using the built in amps for whatever is left over. I'll look into both of these to see what type of configuration will work.In general, I like to power the entire front soundstage (left, right, center, left height, right height) with one amp, leaving the four surrounds to the receiver. Yamaha's "dialog lift" does a fantastic job at lifting the center channel into the heights so that the dialog sounds like it is...
Right. I'm up-to-date on the EMotiva processor...maybe I should have said "EMotiva's track record with delivering a quality, bug-free processor has kept it off my list..."Thanks for the pointer to the 1010. For now, I think I'm looking for something that is 9.1 to take advantage of my front height channels, so I'd have to go slightly higher up their line...maybe there's a Denon or Marantz that I should consider at that point?
Thanks. I am aware of the XMC-1, but EMotiva's track record with delivering a processor has kept it off my list (until I hear some news otherwise, but it'll probably be too late by then).I guess I should continue to research processors to find the best matching one that contains XT32 and supports two subs. It seems that's the best I'll find for now (without spending way too much).
I was hoping that you were right, but it seems that I posted my question right in the middle of a pissing match. Sorry about that.
I hope this isn't considered off-topic for this thread. I am currently considering buying a receiver with MultiEQ XT32 (with HT Sub EQ) to replace the Yamaha RXA-3000 in my main theater. That Yamaha's room correction "doesn't deal with the sub", so I have added a Behringer feedback destroyer pro which is programmed via REW run with my calibrated UMIK-1. This system is currently a 9.1 setup. Using the pre-outs of the RXA-3000 to a 5 channel sunfire cinema pro signature...
Thanks for the replies. Especially the one about ceton claiming 32 tuners in one box. That's a valuable point of information. Any chance you have a link to that? I'm also going to check out the SDK link that was provided. Again. The complete storage of all of this video for a week is a "nice-to-have". In fact, throwing out the video and keeping only the commercials would be wonderful. So, I'm not all that concerned with the huge amounts of storage one would...
Thanks. I plan to do that as well.I was hoping to get some insight from neutral parties as well. :-)
Absolutely...and more. The current solution is using > 24 cable boxes, with > 24 manual DVRs. All recordings work perfectly. As far as I understand it, *every* channel is available simultaneously...So, if we had 300 channels, we could record/watch 300 channels at the same time.
I have an interesting requirement. I need the ability to record 24 channels of TV 24 hours a day, and keep the data for about a week. By my calculations I need about 8TB per 6 channels, so about 32TB total. The length of time (1 week) isn't too important...even half of that would work, but the 1 week thing is a goal. So, I'm left thinking of the best way to accomplish this, and I have a bunch of questions: 1) I see Ceton and SiliconDust both offer cablecard tuners for...
jacksonian, Thank you for pointing that thread out to me. I've read it in it's entirety. It's interesting. I'm *not* having that problem at all. There is no sticky residue that is causing these horizontal lines. They are not caused by something foreign on the screen, they are caused by "dents" from being stored on the roller (more on that in a bit). However, that thread DID make me realize something else about my screen. All of the tab tension positions on both...