or Connect

Posts by jhagler

Going to Vegas this weekend, and Ultimate Electronics there has both of these players for $199. Thinking about getting one or the other. Main features I am concerned about are video quality of Blu-ray and upconverting of regular DVD. Will be connected through HDMI. Don't really care about Blu-ray Live or any of the streaming things (neither of these players stream anyway). Which should I pick?
Thanks guys. It is always reassuring to hear that others have done it with no problems.
Thread title says it all, is it okay to leave the CS-1 powered on at all times. For some reason, when I use macros on remote, the CS-1 does not always respond to the power on/off commands. Thus, I have found it easier to just leave it on all the time. Does this cause problems, will I have to worry about heat build up etc? Just curious. James
Quote: Originally posted by FE Keep in mind that you have enjoyed your CS-1 for a while now, (I am sure you haven't missed not having HDCP) where others have waited a while for the CS-2. Your CS-1 is now used and can not be resold for the same price. You are looking at this from the price you paid for the CS-1 not from what it is worth. You will be getting a brand new CS-2. This is the most feasible way for us to offer this program. Not many manufacturers even...
Shaun, I appreciate FE providing the option of upgrading to the CS-2. Not to sound ungreatful, but I am wondering about the price of the upgrade being $695. I understand that it costs FE to do the upgrade, but where did the $695 cost come from? The MSRPs of the two units differ by $500, and the street difference is closer to $400. Thus, if we "upgrade" to the CS-2, we end up paying over $300 more than if we bought the CS-2 to begin with. This doesn't exactly seem...
Where are you located? I got 2.0 to load with no problems using my laptop. If you are anywhere near San Diego, you could bring your CS-1 over and load 2.0 here. If not, maybe someone else here is close to you. Good luck.
Quote: Originally posted by Allan Jayne I think the only way you can prove that a TV set (or projector) with built in scaling is displaying in its native resolution is to use test patterns. We don't know how the built in scaler behaves. In some cases all inputs including those with the same number of scan lines as there are rows of pixels, go through the scaler. Other times the number of rows of pixels might be something like 768 and doesn't match any of...
Quote: Originally posted by ddog jhagler, Does your RPTV lock into 16x9 mode win sent a progressive signal, like say from your DvD player? Many RPTVs do,...and if so I don't think you will be able to any source at any res going through the CS-1 in 4x3 aspect ratio! I'm not sure though so you might want to put a 4x3 DvD in a progressive-scan player and see if it is out putted in 4x3 ratio. ddog! No, the RPTV does not lock into 16:9 mode...
Quote: Originally posted by FE If 540p doesn't go over to well you can try 1080i as long as your TV supports 1080i YPbPr which I think it should. That would have been my logical choice, but I believe when the Sony detects a 1080i signal, it automatically goes into the 16:9 squeeze mode. No need to do that for 4:3 source material, so I will try 480p or 540p and see what happens. I will also try the 1080i just to make sure I am correct in my...
Thanks guys. As soon as I get my breakout cable, I will give it a try and see what is the best resolution.