or Connect

Posts by PeterG

This is excellent news as I have been bedevilled by this same problem with analog cable via a digital cable box (no VCR in the chain). This is also a testament to Silicon Image and their outstanding support as this problem could, with a lesser company, have been simply glossed over and fixed in a "new and improved" Iscan Pro Version II Peter
Quote: Originally posted by Chard: Hi Since the NTSC input has component video in addition to s-video and composite, I think (hope)that means the Ai3.6HD's internal doubler is, in fact, an equivalent to the iScanPro. I'm not sure, so I would really appreciate confirmation or clarification on all these points by those who know better. Thanks! It uses the Iscan V2 and not the Pro. Here is a cached link from...
Budget_HT, I have just recently purchased an RCA MM32110 and mated it with an Iscan Pro. Yes you are correct that it has no built-in doubler but for me this was a major advantage as the Iscan Pro has a far superior doubler to anything currently available in 4:3 or 16:9 directview televisions. To do the anamorphic squeeze takes all of 30 seconds in the service menu (but has to be done manually each time) but with HDTV once set up, it can do it automatically every time...
Just a note to advise that I realise that it is not the Iscan Pro but the RCA which, *unlike* most consumer TVs, does not push red but quite the opposite with respect to its SVGA inputs. I went into the store again today with the Iscan and looked at a demo RCA with my Iscan hooked up. The one salesman there happened to have just bought AVIA (I only have VE). I looked at the picture and it had less of a green tint than mine (when set to warm colour temperature) but there...
A week ago I purchased the Iscan Pro and the RCA MM32110. A little background about the RCA. This television like its basically identical sister models the Proscan PS32/36800 and PS32/36810 are "multimedia" televisions having, both SVGA inputs and component inputs. These same TVs are used by Silicon Image in demonstrations etc and are owned by ISF calibrators Michael Chen (Michael TLV) and Lawrence Ullman, ex-editor at Etown. My sources are digital cable (both analog and...
I have been following this thread assiduously and also a similar thread on www.***************.com. I am about to purchase the Pro and mate it with an RCA MM32110. Here is the thread at ***************: http://www.***************.com/ubb/F.../000025-5.html This is the 5th page of a review of the Iscan Pro and around about halfway down people talk about problems similar to the ones mentioned here. It is however clear that the initial feelings of DVDO that this was...