or Connect

Posts by PeterG

I don't know of any fix, barring a panel swap-out. I do see that for some reason Panasonic on both sides of the Atlantic has attempted A-Board swaps but that never fixed anything like this. In one thread here, someone mentioned that Panasonic (or a service rep) very recently came out, realised that an A-Board swap was not the solution, but suggested to the owner that this was not a major thing to fix (paraphrasing). I doubt that. I fancy in the next week there will be some...
Quite a few owners have this band (I have it too), be it ST50/GT50/VT50. Some don't, and a few have multiple bands. Mine is faintly visible in sky scenes with golf or watching football. Due to my TV having no other material issues like buzzing, dead/stuck/flickering pixels I will keep this TV (I have 2 weeks left if I wish to have it exchanged) unless I get some marked deterioration like the infamous blobs from last year. One person, Dierk (sp?) found his dissipated but...
Unfortunately, where the poster is from - India - the selling of used sets as new is quite widespread. This is NOT due to any stereotyping on my part but something I found out when I was investigating my own issues with 2 refurbished TVs being sold to me as new in Canada. So I decided to do a search on this and I came upon this Indian site - Hifivision - where there are various threads on this, including a sticky thread entitled "Checklist to avoid buying Demo Piece - LCD...
To check the number of hours the panel has been on and also how many times it has been turned on, read this post here:http://www.avsforum.com/t/1408338/official-panasonic-vt50-owners-thread/6720_60#post_22399533
This Samsung E6500 etc plasmas do not go quite as dark as the Panasonic ST/GT/VT50s in equivalent sizes and the former (at least in the 60"+) class do not get as bright (the Panasonics go about 25% brighter from calibration reports here). So right there you are clearly going to have a markedly different contrast ratio which gives one that "pop". The Samsungs seem to have better video processing with less than pristine video sources. However, that does not seem to be your...
Thanks for the update. As we both suspected the A-Board is not a fix and I am racking my brain to think if anybody had this problem fixed by other than replacing the panel or the TV. I can't think of one instance. I am wondering why he believes it is not a big issue. I would like it to be "not a big issue" (the fix) and look forward to your update as to how they resolve this for you.
I probably was not clear in my original post, but what I was trying to communicate is that for your particular problem Panasonic seems, in several cases, to have tried to fix this problem of vertical bands by replacing the A-Board. I do not know of anybody's problem of a vertical band being fixed by replacing the A-Board. You obviously cannot tell them what to do and not what to do and I assume when the technician comes out just make sure that you show the problem to him...
Some people truly have no vertical bands or band. Some I feel believe they have no vertical bands but simply do not watch content which brings it out (eg golf, football, anything with a flat field background). Quite a lot of owners on both sides of the Atlantic have at least one vertical band (I know Chad B's GT50 has one). I have one faint band on the right. Looking at the image you have posted I would not accept that. That is simply too much. Can they fix that? I don't...
Looking forward to hearing what happens. Has a date for an appointment been set yet?
I would stick with the GT50 you have and have it repaired *if* you have no other issues like dead/stuck/flickering pixels, no vertical band/bands, no material dse etc. The reason why I say repair, if your set is otherwise good, as apparently from this thread the fix is a relatively quick one. If you have other problems with the set then you have to evaluate how tolerable they are. If you think you are not happy with other issues then swap for another GT50. You clearly...