or Connect

Posts by scs0

I know Zelda:TP wasn't specifically designed for the Wii, but I didn't like the sword waggle because Link's on-screen action had little or nothing to do with my motion. Let's hope that this game does it right.
In English my subject is: Gamecube Metroid Prime on the Wii This is a long shot but I was curious if anyone knew if a certain fatal Metroid Prime bug is fixed by playing the game on the Wii. The first main elevator in the game is glitchy and sometimes when you ride it the entire Gamecube would freeze. I once heard that the bug was caused by the reading of the disc. Since the Wii uses a different disc drive I was curious if this resolved that crash. This...
Accuracy with the wiimote is extremely poor. I only have a 60" screen and it seems like gravity is pulling down on my aim by over a foot. It really does give the illusion that the wiimote is 80 pounds! Why they decided that a pointer-based system didn't need to know the physical size of the TV screen is a mystery to me. I guess they thought everyone's still using 27" CRT screens. While it's horribly inaccurate it is extremely smooth and consistent. Moving the cursor...
That reminds me, I think there's a developer that's coming out with a bunch of budget priced titles. I think "Ninjabread Man" is one of the titles. I think another source of revenue from non-gamers would be from video rental stores. Those people might not be willing to buy a $50 game, or even a budget priced $30 game, but they'd probably be willing to rent. This may cause rental chains to buy more copies of certain titles.
I think I'd like the mouse a whole lot more if I had a nunchuck-style controller in the other hand.
This is one of the reasons the Metroid Prime games were such a joy. You had access to all of these weapons yet you didn't have to toggle back and forth between the game screen and a submenu to access them. The first game I used with this functionality was Star Fox Adventures and I really liked it. Zelda games are loaded with menu screen toggling and I didn't realize how much it hurts gameplay until I played those other games. Zelda:WW was especially bad since one of...
Easy. There's a big disconnect between what's happening on my desk and what's happening on the screen. With the wiimote I just point. The mouse may be more accurate but using a pointer to simulate a gun is far more realistic and therefore intuitive. Hopefully with the next iteration of Wii-based hardware or even a firmware upgrade on the existing Wii we'll even see the wiimote pointer's accuracy improve so that it gives laser-pointer accuracy. This is the wiimote's...
I never liked the keyboard and mouse. It's the perfect control setup for editing a Word document but it just isn't suitable for playing games. People look favorably upon the K&M scheme because they were forced to adapt to it if they wanted to play a FPS with quality graphics and online/network capabilities. The games were great, the genre was fresh, and decent console FPS games wouldn't appear until 2001. The K&M setup is simply a parasite sucking off the success of the...
I don't want to knock Bioshock. It looks like an incredible game and if Microsoft took the hardware failures of the 360 a little more seriously than they do software bugs I'd own a 360 and Bioshock by now. Now that the disclaimer is done I'd like to throw out that VGChartz says that Bioshock was released in europe on 8/24 while Metroid Prime 3 has only been released in North America. I don't know how many people would actually buy quality games like this for a PC so it's...
I think MP3:C's controls are nearly perfect. I only have two complaints: 1) Pressing Analog Down + Z quickly should trigger a 180ยบ turn like it does in RE4. It wouldn't have interfered with MP3's existing controls either. 2) The pointer has a problem on my system when I aim at the top of the screen, and I have no such problem on the main Wii menu. No matter what happens I think the most important thing would be for FPS games to have consistent controls between...