or Connect

Posts by scs0

Last week a friend of mine came down for a visit. He's a middle-age guy but never got into the whole video game thing. He went from Pole Position to Star Fox 64 as games that he liked and was known to get into a multiplayer Mario Kart (SNES & N64) session from time to time but that was it. He's never owned a video game console in his life. I showed him my Wii; first with Metroid Prime 3 since it was the game in the console and he bumbled around on that for a few...
This is an odd situation since the game isn't sold individually. It's probably not an actual sale. You may need to send them your bad disc.
More tips: 1) If you're fighting a boss that changes its tactics in any way then it may be time to rescan the boss. Often times you'll find that the boss shows up as unscanned in the scan visor after making a change like that. There's a certain fight in MP2:E where this was necessary because it wasn't obvious at all why the boss became resistant to all of your weapons. 2) During a boss battle scan everything in the room. Often times you'll need to use the...
Here's another totally spoiler free tip: Your visor displays a gauge of the wiimote's battery life. In every Metroid Prime game the main visor displays 4 flattened rectangles in the upper central part of the screen. In the past Metroid games I always wondered what those things meant but never found them to have any meaning. In MP3:C they seem to represent the power remaining in the wii's battery. I noticed this yesterday as my battery neared death and since then...
I'm glad they're returning to the one driver per kart style of the N64. I hope they get rid of those #*$& blue shells. Those things do nothing but screw up the leader of the race and rarely help the person who shot it. Those shells are only given to racers in the back of the pack. They shoot the shell and it hits the first place player, but then that victim is back on the road before the shooter catches up! What's the point? The shooter remains in the same place...
I do agree with bkchurch in that it's too early to write the PS3's obituary, but I just don't see it breaking its 3rd place trend because Sony's so dependent upon 3rd parties. Sony used to have the philosophy that their role with the Playstation brand was to create a system friendly to the industry and consumer then sit back and let 3rd parties fill it with games. This worked great and even gave them some pseudo-exclusives since their marketshare was so huge. Then came...
It's a shame that 3rd party wireless controllers are incompatible (or were intentionally crippled) with the Wii. The Wavebird really isn't that great of a controller. It doesn't have rumble and the shoulder buttons are more difficult to use than my old 3rd party controllers. I had to give up 4 perfectly good 3rd party shiny platinum G3 Pelican rumble-supported wireless controllers and get an ugly gray Wavebird. FYI: Those controllers worked for VC games but failed to...
If you already have the 360 guitars why not stick with it? With a game like Guitar Hero I don't see what the Wii controller will provide. Hell, if the motion sensing is important in the guitar (which I doubt since its doesn't in a real guitar) then they could easily add it to the guitar for the other consoles. After all, the guitar is a controller. Even if the controller somehow provides something would it make up for the poor graphics and inferior sound of the...
I don't totally understand the universal dislike for the Wii's Super Monkey Ball from people who like the concept of Super Monkey Ball. When it comes to the main game the controls make sense: tilt and the ball goes in that direction with an intensity that matches how much you're tilting. Is it that people expected the controller to be held NES style with two hands? I did notice that the wrist makes it a little more difficult to rotate in one direction over the other. I...
But chasing powerpower has proven to be a bad strategy! It only seems to be a benefit when the difference is massive; which would be those times when a new generation cycle begins. Other than that other aspects of the console are more important. Nintendo's home consoles have been addressed but: 1) The hideously bad original Gameboy beat out the Game Gear and NEC's portable player. The thing had a green and yellow screen that wasn't illuminated yet it defeated two other...