or Connect

Posts by scs0

I played again last night and the problem remained. Fortunately this hasn't interfered with the game too much. Here's some answers to the questions I've received: 1) I'm already using the advanced controller settings, and these problems appear on the game's menu which isn't affected by that setting anyway. 2) The sensor bar is already on the top of the TV. Because of this I'd think that the pointer would be more likely to lose control near the bottom of the screen...
I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this problem. When playing Metroid Prime 3 my pointer cannot go near the top 15% or so of the screen. This happens in the intro menus as well as during the game. Often it just seems to slam against an invisible barrier. All other directions work fine. During gameplay the pointer sometimes gets jittery near the top. I do sit close to the set, about 6' away and the sensor bar is about a yard higher than my hand, but I do not...
American bashing is such a brainless activity. Here we have the statement that Americans are lazy because in this specific situation laziness is being used as an insult. In quantifiable areas where laziness causes inferior results Americans are still bashed when they come out on top. For example, when it comes to economic productivity laziness is praised. Americans are labeled as "workaholics" who are missing out on the "important" things in life by working themselves...
You make a compelling case, but the play control concerns me. I've always heard that the controls on the pre-RE4 games was cumbersome and I do remember playing an RE game for a minute or two at one of those mall kiosks and finding that the control wasn't intuitive. I certainly didn't give it enough of a shot though, but $50 was always too big of a chunk of change to justify further playing. You don't know how many times I've had a RE game in my hand and then for some...
I've often heard that the RE games are scary, but is that really true? I've never played them. I'm the kind of guy who can watch horror movies like Saw and Hostel and be totally engrossed in the story but I rarely (if ever) actually get scared. I think it comes from my childhood of living in the same house as a mother and sister who loved horror movies so I think I got numb to them. Even though I don't get scared from movies I used to feel the stubble on my head...
HDMI and a 120GB harddrive isn't all that interesting to me, and it still means that I would have to buy a silly add-on to make the 360 an HD-DVD player if I even want that. What Microsoft could do to draw my attention is publically announce "this model of the xbox actually works". I've heard that they are moving towards a smaller CPU that runs at a temp slightly less than the current surface-of-the-sun CPUs that seem to be killing 360s left and right. A black case is a...
My feelings exactly. I don't have to eject the discs from my DVD player or CD player when they go into standby mode and I shouldn't have to do so with the Wii either. Nintendo was too concerned about keeping the system's size as small as possible. An additional inch or so of space within the system wouldn't have hurt anything. Why does the WiFi hardware heat the system so much anyway? The DS has WiFi and no fans yet it doesn't get hot when playing online. Is the WiFi...
Your wife won't allow you to have more than one video game console in the house? Are you kidding me? She does know that she's your wife and not your mother, right?
Konami was only able to do it because Nintendo allowed that behavior in the API. It's bad design because: 1) It's just data and the user ought to be permitted to copy their save files to the SD card. This activity in no way will result in Konami losing money to piracy. 2) There's no proper feedback on why the data cannot be copied. Was the card's read-only switch set? Was the card full? Did I encounter an internal error? Was the file not permitted for copying? The...
I'm preparing to send my Wii away for repair. Again. So I'm copying my Wii's save files and VC games to a pair of SD card. For some reason I encounter a heaping pile of BS when I try to copy my Elebits data and my Zelda: Link to the Past VC title. When I try to copy Elebits I see: "This file cannot be copied" and then I have to click the OK button. When I try to copy Zelda: LttP I see: "Data has been copied. There was some data that could not be copied to an...