or Connect

Posts by Roto

It doesn't look like anyone got new channels this week. I've been checking this thread just waiting for 2 new pages of people saying they finally got them. I also have a Tivo, so it's kind of annoying to have it taunt me by recording shows on channels I don't have. I could take them off my listing, but they could be switched on any day now.
It's not entirely Comcast's fault that Tivos are listing the channels before they are available. It is bad that they aren't prepared for questions about the new channels yet. The first rollout was about a month ago. You'd think they'd have a map, or list of areas that have them for the CSRs. 98043 got the travel channel and I assume the rest of the channels they missed added to the Tivo listings the other day. Still blank screens for me though.
I had a similar experience, except I happened to visit their office when their computers went down so I was waiting a while. When I did get help they knew exactly what I needed and everything went very smoothly. I still have the new guide data but not the new channels. Football's on anyway so I don't think I'll bother calling yet.
Just got the message on my Tivo for the new channels, right before I'm going to bed on Sunday night after 2 holiday weekends. Nice timing! They are all just a black screen at the moment, so I'm rebooting the Tivo, but I suspect it's just a matter of waiting for them to finish up whatever they're doing. I'm in Mountlake Terrace - 98043.
Well thanks for the tip. I sprang for the lamp from vancebaldwin.com instead of calling Samsung and it just started on the first try. The color wheel still isn't getting up to full speed right away, but I had been putting up with that for months, picture flickers with weird colors for 30 seconds or so and then everything snaps into place. Obviously it was time to replace my lamp since the other one wouldn't stay on the first try anymore. Hopefully that's the only reason...
I've had mine for over a year, but started getting startup problems several months ago. It progressed until last weekend a couple retries weren't good enough. Lamp comes on and a couple seconds later shuts off. I think I had around 800 hours on the lamp. I haven't called Samsung yet, because I still have my Infocus SP5000. Guess I'll find out soon how they are dealing with these now. I'd be happy if they could fix it, but I wouldn't mind a refund either. Glad it had a 2...
I went to the Lynnwood store to trade in my cable box for a card a few months ago. The woman I happened to get at the counter was very well informed. She asked me which Tivo I had (Did you pay closer to $700 or $300 for it?) and asked if I had any other cable boxes. She even gave me a run down of how to activate it. I have a TvioHD, but I don't think she would've charged me for a second card if I had needed it If they don't know what the Series 3 Tivo is try calling back....
Mountlake Terrace is where my friend's dad is getting it for internet service. I think he already had Verizon DSL. My guess is they will probably only go as far South as Shoreline because once you hit Seattle you are in Quest territory.
The question is if they're offering tv service yet or if it's just Internet. They''ve been adding FIOS in South Snohomish county, but only Internet to start with. I doubt anyone in Washington State has FIOS tv sevice. I'd make the switch at the first opportunity, or at least see what kind of deal Comcast offers to keep me on. I'm perfectly happy with my Comcast's Internet service at the moment with the 16Mbps down and 2Mbps up, at least until the day I get a warning letter...
If they had fixed the delay I probably wouldn't have bought a Tivo last month. They need to speed up the guide and allow external hard drives, even if it's just one overpriced model like Tivo uses. Apparently Scientific Atlanta boxes can use eSATA drives. I can live without Tivo's pretty menus and search features, but the speed is frustration free and adding a 500 GB drive finally gives me breathing room so I don't have to delete shows that I haven't gotten around to...