or Connect

Posts by DarthJedi

I am a shareholder and have got quite an investment in target. When I created the thread I called customer relations about this and then the Corporate offices called me with in 10 mins. They then got conferenced me in with investor relations. Let me tell you all that this is getting serious and I am not talking about Target; I am talking about a company (SONY) trying to get other companies to help them kill the competition. If we sit back and let that happen then we...
IBM thought Microsoft was in Bizarre-o world when Microsoft wanted sell us all software instead of hardware. No one has tried this model yet.....that does not mean it would not work.
How much of that is because of the PS3? If the PS3 ( over a million sold ) is the cause then the market share should be PS3/ 90% and HD-DVD/ 10%
I trade the FX for a living and I guess you have never heard of trends........ The first two questions can be answered in the present and the third can be an educated quess or a projections as all companies do when forecasting their earnings for the next quarter. where the PS3 is concerned....go and look at online sales of BD titles right after a popular game release. You will find that there is a drop is BD sales. Example: The game Ninja Gaiden Sigma was released...
You know that might not be a bad Idea. It is actually more cost affective to do that because there is a higher margin on software than hardware. I can see this...."Buy 25 movies get the player free" that would do more to get studios on board and more people to by into HD-DVD. This would also have an unintended effect. People would by 50 and 75 movies at a time boosting HD-DVD sales and then selling those extra players for a profit online or to friends, family, or...
You are another one that speaks martian. PS3's are selling movies because they are not selling games.Once the games come out they will not be selling movies. People watch movies on standalones. Now ask yourself three questions. 1.) Who is currently selling more standalone players? 2.) How many movies per PS3 are currently being sold? 3.) What will happen to BD sales when killer games come out for the PS3? When you do answer those questions in any earth language you my...
What world are you in? Here on Terra-fer ma people do most of their DVD watching on a standalone player and it seems that Toshiba has that locked all by themselves. Toshiba should be feeling really good about themselves that even with more than one CE out there for BD; they are in the lead. As for software; what will your response be when the PS3 starts selling games........because when that happens they will not be selling movies like they are now and with a million...
That can not be the Standalone players......software I can see because of the PS3.
Where are you coming up with that ratio? Please point to the real figures and not just say 2:1 and expect it to be so.
May be you just like Sony has forgotten how most people watch their movies; on a standalone player. As the PS3 gets more successful as a game console; it will become less of a factor in the format war.