or Connect

Posts by thorr

If people use this as an E-reader, it brings a whole new meaning to "Facebook". It makes perfect sense that Facebook would invest in this.
I got mine today and threw it in for a quick look see. There is some shimmering with the credits that overlay the picture when the episode first starts (after the intro), but overall, I am very pleased and it is a huge improvement over the DVD's. I haven't given it a thorough review yet, so there may be other issues I didn't catch, but I am happy enough. The color also looks pretty good from what I can tell. For the price, there is no reason to complain at all that I...
Read the text in the image at the top.
Cool. What is Bly-Ray?
In most cases it looks quite good. The color may be a bit much sometimes and a bit drab other times, but overall I am very pleased with what I am seeing in those caps. I can't wait to get it and start watching it!
Here is a 720p trailer on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lIM557gEm4 I think the color looks good. It is still too early to tell how much DNR they did. It doesn't look very detailed, but youtube's compression isn't helping matters. I wish there were screenshots somewhere.
Personally, I just wish they would encode full resolution 1080p with 4:4:4 instead of 4:2:0. Every time there is a red light or other red objects, they look blocky as hell and it is very distracting. 12-bit color to get rid of banding would also be fantastic. Forget 4K and deliver better 1080p please! With that being said, downsampling 4:2:0 4K to 1080p may achieve what I am looking for anyway.
Saw this over on blu-ray.com: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2014/02/little-house-on-the-prairie-first-look-at-blu-ray-restoration.html I am a bit nervous that they scrubbed the details and changed the color too much. I noticed Laura's missing freckles and so did someone else on the blu-ray forum. Can't wait to see full resolution samples.
Very well done and very interesting! Can't wait to see it in person at the store. I am curious how 2D looks. If 2D looks kind of wavy or something like that, I probably would pass on this, but if it looks great, then this might be the answer to the near future of 3D, or maybe the Avegant Glyph once it matures. I like the idea of being able to look around stuff in 3D. That is way cool!
I would get one for my home theater, but I am afraid I would have to wear sunglasses and it might melt my screen. Also, I would probably go blind if I accidentally looked into the lens.