or Connect

Posts by Tallen234

This. I am in he market for a new receiver as well, but I decided to wait for the next gen models to make it as future proof as I can.With your price range, I doubt you will notice that much of a difference in sound quality among the models recommended. IMO, they are all pretty close and other factors (speakers, acoustics) tend to make a much bigger difference. If you don't want to wait for hdmi 2.0, I would get the x4000 and pocket the money or use the money to get a...
Thanks for the replies. It looks like I am not getting a new receiver until after March madness. I can't wait to get Audyssey Multeq xt32 (as well as HDMI 2.0).
I've pretty much decided to upgrade my Onkyo 876 this year after the new HDMI 2.0 receivers come out (I actually bought my Onkyo right before the 1.4 spec came out and I wanted to pass 3d!). I'm leaning toward a new Onkyo or Denon in the $1000-$1500 range. I was half expecting announcements at CES, but not dice. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks
Here is a good primer: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57603018-221/hdmi-2.0-what-you-need-to-know/ I only offered my opinion as I have decided to wait for a 2.0 because I have no immediate, pressing need to buy right now. Good luck!
Another thing to consider is the switch to HDMI 2.0 in 2014. I'm in the market to replace my Onkyo 876 (which I love after having a few Denons, fwiw). I was about to pull the trigger on a Denon x4000, when I learned about the hdmi 2.0 issue. When I bought my 876, a few months later I found out that it wouldn't pass a 3d signal, so I had to find a workaround for my 3d viewing (which is limited). So, I guess what I am saying, is if you can wait a few months for the new...
Our old Panasonic RPTV is getting ready to give up the ghost, it sits in a cubby hole in a built in wall in our family room. Because it had a glass screen, we didn't sweat the occasional finger prints or thrown toy that inadvertently hit the tv. We have a 3 year old and an 18th month old who are pretty good, but I would want to place an unprotected 60zt60 in the spot. So, I was wondering if there are any decent options (incl LCD or any other tech) that would have...
I am thinking about transitioning from a 5.1 system to a 7.1, with front heights. I am trying to get a bigger front soundstage for sporting events. Someone told me that adding heights made a world of difference in sporting events. So, my home theater room is relatively narrow and long (27x13 with a roof that slopes from 13' to 8'). My front speakers are on pedestals that sit outside of bookshelves so, it looks like this S----bookshelf----TV on wide...
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this question, but here it goes: Does anyone know why Fox Sports San Diego is blacked out during the Padre games in Phoenix? The channel is accessible all other times, so I assume it is a blackout issue. The frustrating thing is that the channel was not blacked out last year (saved a boatload not having to order the MLB Extra Innings). Any insight? Thanks
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this question, but here it goes: Does anyone know why Fox Sports San Diego is blacked out on Directv during the Padre games in Phoenix, Arizona? The channel is accessible all other times, so I assume it is a blackout issue. The frustrating thing is that the channel was not blacked out last year (saved a boatload not having to order the MLB Extra Innings). Any insight? Thanks
Strange. I am admittedly a relative novice with uTorrent, but I was unable to get any seeds when using that torrent. I tried the one in Post #8 and it worked. It was probably my ham-fisted computer skills, but, all that matters to me is that I now have the disc (now I have to wait for my 50gb discs to arrive....)