or Connect

Posts by AV-NUT-99

You could certainly use the Adcom amp with the Aperion speakers. You are always better off with more power under "control" than with less power going into clipping. It may be possible to blow out the speakers, but it would be insanely loud and you would be more likely to blow out your ears before the speakers give up. Just keep the sound level reasonable (I know - a pointless suggestion) but you should be able to play them louder than you could stand to listen to...
Anyone know what the staus is on Logitech's G25 wheel. I gave my old wheel to my son-in-law and now that I am ready to purchase the G25, everyone is out of stock. If I have to wait for a while I will, but I don't want to order the G25 if their is a "new and improved" model coming out soon. Anyone aware of a possible replacement, or a better wheel from another supplier? Thanks,
Bob, Yes, thank you. I will try to be careful to meet the requirements. One other thing, did I read that I should leave my accurate speaker distances to my primary seating locations in the configuration setup of the Amthem, but zero out my speaker level adjustments, set them all to 0db?
Question for Bob, or anyone with a similar situation. I just received my ARC upgrade and am going to try it tonight when I get home. I am a little worried about my current room configuration and how it will effect the overall final response I get with ARC. My room is a little on the small side, 11'x19'. I have 2 rows of seating for 3 with the back of the second row seats about 32" from the back wall on a 6 foot deep, 12" riser. (there is a door to an outside patio...
CycloneMike, I am having the same problem with a Comcast SA (non-DVR) HD box. I am not home, but I think it is a 4250 model. I replaced an older Motorola 6200 with the SA because I liked the guide in the SA and it now matches the two other SA boxes that my wife is more familiar with. The Motorola was DVI only, so I was using a coax digital input for sound and a HDMI to DVI cable for video. When I installed the SA box and replaced the HDMI - DVI cable with HDMI -...
drbonbi, Thanks, we got it working. When I asked my friend for his manual, he had given me one for a much earlier version receiver so the menus were not the same and we were not able to find the audio setup. Sorry for the late reply. It has been a busy last few days.
mjones73, I tried vey hard to find some sort of menu where I could do this but did not have any luck. Is there some special way to access a more technically oriented settings menu in this receiver? Thanks,
I just replaced an older Motorola DVI based non DVR HDTV box with a new upgrade???? to the SA 4250HDC. I have followed all the boot procedures as outlined in this thread and my picture is fine, just no audio through HDMI. I went into the settings menu and verified that digital audio was set for HDMI, no help. My Anthem D2 processor has a new feature where I can display the input and output information for any connected source. When I look at what is coming in from...
New to DTV: We just hooked up a new Direct TV HD DVR. We ran the HDMI out from the DTV box to the TV - all OK. We then used Digital OPT out from the box to a Denon 3806 receiver. This was done so that we can watch TV with out firing up the receiver for casual TV viewing. We also have a second HDMI run to the TV from the Denon for our other sources (DVD,VDR,Blue-Ray). Our problem is that we cannot get DD out of the DTV box via the OPT digital connection to the...
I feel I have to get my 2 cents in here as well. I invested 'mucho dinero' in a high end suround processor several years ago that was supposed to be fully upgradeable (like a computer chassis) where new cards could be added and old ones replaced in order to keep up with the latest changes in the industry. The original purchase price was more than twice the current price of the D2. A few years later, I had it upgraded to 'level II' at a substantial cost as well. The...