or Connect

Posts by AV-NUT-99

Xenfinity, I guess it would not hurt to bring her current player (I'll have to check the brand and model). I am in Texas and she lives in Boston, so I would have to have her go through the setup menus to see if there is an output option for PAL, correct? Also, I would asume she could use an adapter for power as most players now are auto sensing for input voltage, or have an input power selection switch. Let's see what the guys in England come back with. Thanks,
Martin, http://www.bestchairs.com/bcpublic/p...ct=RC&style=VD You might want to check out this site for very comfortable, narrow Theater chairs (video cliner2). They are sold pretty much nation wide through a lot of the larger furniture stores. They come in Vinyl, Leather and cloth. The full width is only 29" so you might easily get four across the width of your room. When I first saw them in a freinds theater I said no way would these be any good, but they are...
My daughter, her husband and my two grandchildren (ages 3 and 1) are moving to London in the middle of September. Knowing that I am a Home Theater Enthusiast, she called looking for advice on what to do to get a new Plasma or LCD display once they get settled in over there. Since I know nothing of shopping for this stuff in England I was hoping for some feedback on where they could look, what kind of stores they have (no Best Buys I guess) and what they might be...
Larry, I guess I did not elaborate on the "box" we were thinking about, but your example is pretty much what we were planning. We will end up with basically a foot high trapezoid when viewed from the front with the 4 foot ceiling width as the top and a width of about 6 feet across the bottom with an angled support for the speaker to point it at the listening area. If I make the height of the trapezoid closer to 2 feet (effectively lowering the bottom edge), it would...
I am helping a friend design and setup a home theater in an unused attic area. We have actually been able to squeeze in a fairly good sized room, although with a few compromises, as you might expect from a South Texas attic space with multiple roof angles and heating/airconditioning ducts running amuck. We ended up with a main room measuring about 18 feet wide with 3 foot high stub walls on each side with a 12-12 pitch ceiling rising to a single peak at about 12.5 feet...
You might be able to cut a long section out and then splice it back together with some type of fiber optic connectors but this seems like WAY too much work. We just looped our excess cable in the back of our equipment closet. There really should be little difference with a shorter cable since it is designed and spec'd to work perfectly at 65 feet, and it is a digital signal, so as long as the bits are there...
I have a freund with the HT 300 E-Link and we are using a Da-Lite HighPower (92X52) screen with excellent results. The "Tar Pit" scene from Ice Age makes the Tar so realistic I could swear it was real tar oozing through the screen. Colors are extremely natural as well and the picture has great punch with a real 3D appearance as demonstrated in the asteroid chase scene from Star Wars 2. This thing is incredible on this screen!
Onkyo CP702 - 6 disc DVD/CD Onkyo CP802 - 6 disc DVD/CD/SACD/DVD-A
charlie1, I will try to give a more thorough comparison of the HDMI vs component capability of the 5910, but I have to wait to get a problem fixed on the Sim2 video processor. We experienced an issue with the component inputs only, and we need to wait until we get it repaired. As soon as we get it back, we will be able to do a serious evaluation. Will keep you posted. Cheers!
Just finished setting up the Denon DVD-5910 in a Friends system (he is not an AVS'r so I will pass on our experience). He has the Anthem D1,P2,P5 combo, and a Motorola HDTV cable box with a Sim2 HT 300 E-link projector and a 106" diagonal Da-Lite Hi power screen. The speakers are Paradigm Signatures with the S8's in front, the C5 center, one signature servo sub, ADP's on the side, and a set of Theil Power Points in the ceiling for the rear. We are running HDMI at...