or Connect

Posts by Sean Max

How old are they?
I'm planning on going with the On Wall Golds for surrounds due to their proximity to the listening position and the fact that I really need to wall mount my surrounds.
Thanks for that. Those prices are different from what the last dealer I checked with quoted as MSRP (higher). Now all I need is info about the price delta for the various finish options and I'll be all set.
Paul, when you get around to posting those retail prices could you also include a note about how much different finish options are for the various models. Either a percentage or straight dollar amount would be fine. I've finally decided to take the plunge on the In Room Gold LCR's in a few months and I'm trying to decide on a finish. Thanks.
I'm not getting it from anywhere. It is a theory based on information provided in this thread. I am attempting to explain the concept of how 16 controllable zones of LED's could be equivalent to many more zones if the algorithm controlling those zones was advanced enough to address multiple LED's within that zone with differing brightness levels. This is purely in response to your assertion that 16 zones couldn't possibly be enough, based on how those zones have been...
As I said before, 1 zone doesn't equal 1 LED. Say you have 320 LED's backlighting the entire panel (you couldn't have a Sony panel with 200+ zones if there were not at least that many LED's), just for the sake of argument. If I use 80 zones, then I have 4 LED"s per zone. If the logic controlling them is extremely simple and can only set the brightness for all 4 of those LED's in a zone to whatever level is required for the brightest object, say 100 IRE, then the LCD panel...
I think that this would be true if 1 zone = 1 LED, but each zone controls a number of LED's, so if the control logic is to set all of he LED's in a zone to the brightness required for the brightest object in the zone, then a large number of zones is required. If, however, you can control the LED's in a zone in a gradient pattern with differing brightness levels across the zone, then fewer zones would be required to achieve the same, or possibly better, effect.
I second the recommendation to look into front projection if a 65" plasma isn't large enough. The difference between a 65" and 70" panel isn't much at all unless they're sitting side by side and the drop off in picture quality from a quality plasma to an edge lit LCD is quite significant, IMO. If you want a big picture nothing matches front projection and certainly not for the money you'd have to spend to set it up. As long as you have light control and are willing to use...
The crux of my point was that if developers are concerned with used game sales eating into their revenues then making DD of games as attractive as possible is in their best interest because the digital copy cannot be resold, or at least, cannot be resold to a retailer like GameStop and then sold as a used game to someone else with all subsequent profits going to GameStop and not the publisher. The easiest way to accomplish this is to sell digital copy to the gamer at the...
Microsoft did a poor job of conveying the benefits of their plan all around, pricing just being one of those areas. That being said, you can't really start talking about getting cheaper games to people before you even get the system up and off the ground in the first place. You first have to succeed in routing more revenue back to developers/publishers with the sale of used games. I don't think anyone has an issue with part of the proceeds of buying a used game going back...